AC Milan v Fiorentina Betting Preview | 20th May
In our AC Milan v Fiorentina betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Serie A’s final matchday of the season.
AC Milan v Fiorentina Betting Preview
Venue: San Siro Stadium
Channel: BT Sport 3
AC Milan’s final charge towards Europa League qualification could be thwarted by Fiorentina on Sunday on the Serie A’s final matchday of the season.
The away side come into this match in reasonably strong form. Despite losing their most recent tie 1-0 against Cagliari, the same side scored three without reply to all but end Napoli’s title chase and then followed it up by scoring another three goals to edge a 5-goal thriller against Genoa.
Fiorentina sit in 8th place, 4 points behind AC Milan and therefore can’t qualify themselves but by defeating AC Milan, the home side could be overtaken in 6th place.
Having both scored and conceded 7 goals in their last four matches, Milan will surely have to be more wary of their defence in recent weeks. While they have plenty of strength in attack, they conceded four against Juventus in the Coppa Italia final last week and Arsenal managed five over two matches against the I Rossoneri in the Europa League this term.
Most Premier League fans will recognise the name of former Liverpool striker Suso who has scored 7 goals in all competitions this season, despite not scoring since 4th February.
Similar attacking threats come in the form of Turkish International Hakan Calhanoglu who scored Milan’s solitary goal in reply to Arsenal, alongside 2016 Euro cup winner with Portual, Andre Silva, as well as this season’s Milan leading scorer Patrick Cutrone who has 12 goals to his name.
AC Milan are without long-term absentee Andrea Conti due to injury.
Fiorentina have Jordan Veretout unavailable after his sending off in their last match.
Potential AC Milan Starting XI: Donnarumma, Rodriguez, Romagnoli, Bonucci, Abate, Bonaventura, Biglia, Kessie, Calhanoglu, Cutrone, Suso
Potential Fiorentina Starting XI: Sportiello, Laurini, Pezzella, Milenkovic, Biraghi, Benassi, Badelj, Dabo, Saponara, Chiesa, Simeone.
Head To Head
- 44 matches have been played between these two sides.
- Milan currently hold the bragging rights with 18 victories to Fiorentina’s 14.
Stats & Facts
- Milan haven’t kept a clean-sheet in their last six fixtures.
- 3 of the last four AC Milan fixtures have finished with over 2.5 goals.
- 3 of the last five Fiorentina matches have finished with over 2.5 goals, 2 have seen over 4.5 goals.
- Fiorentina have scored three goals in three of their last five matches.
- There has been atleast one sending off in each of Fiorentina’s last five matches.
- AC Milan 4/5
- Draw 14/5
- Fiorentina 10/3
- Over 2.5 Goals 4/7
- BTTS 8/15
- Cutone to score first 5/1
- Simeone to score first 15/2
- BTTS & Over 2.5 goals 5/6