Argentina v Croatia Betting Preview, Odds & Tips | 21st June
Alex Boardman (@A_Boardman) previews Argentina v Croatia and provides us with his best bets for Thursday’s Group D clash by analysing team news, potential line-ups, head-to-head, key stats and more.
Argentina v Croatia Betting Preview, Odds & Tips
- Date: 21st June
- Time: 19:00
- Channel: BBC One
- Stadium: Nizhny Novgorod Stadium
This Group D clash is one of the bigger fixtures throughout the group stages, with both teams vying for top spot in the group.
There is still all to play for in this group after Argentina’s shock draw to Iceland in the opening game week. After Messi missed a penalty all the pressure is now on Argentina to produce the goods if they wish to top this group and avoid playing the winner of Group C. After the result their has been questioning of the selection process which lift Mauro Icardi at home, and has seen Pablo Dybala start on the bench. More questions will be asked if a poor result occurs against Croatia this game week.
Croatia are the only team to win from Group D thus far, and know that even a draw against Argentina would put them in pole position to qualify from the group. With midfield lynchpins Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic pulling the strings they will fancy their chances against anyone. There has however been some unsettling news this week from the Croatian camp, which has resulted in Nikola Kalinic being sent home through refusing to play due to injury.
- Jorge Sampaoli will ring the changes after last weeks poor performance as he has a full squad to choose from.
- Croatia wont change too much after last weeks result, however Brozovic may come in for Kramaric.
Argentina Potential Starting XI: Caballero; Mercado, Otamendi, Tagliafico; Salvio, Mascherano, Perez, Acuna; Messi; Aguero, Pavon
Croatia Potential Starting XI: Subasic; Vrsaljko, Lovren, Vida, Strinic; Rakitic, Brozovic; Perisic, Modric, Rebic; Mandzukic
Head To Head
- Argentina won the last competitive game between the 2 sides 1-0 at the 1998 World Cup.
Key Stats & Facts
- Their have been under 2.5 goals in 6 of Argentina’s last World Cup 7 games.
- Their have been under 2.5 goals in 10 of Croatia’s last 11 World Cup games.
- Argentina 21/20
- Draw 12/5
- Croatia 31/10
I’m going for Argentina here. I think Messi will grab the game by the scruff of the neck and grab a late goal for the win.