Arsenal v CSKA Moscow Betting Preview | 5th April
In our Arsenal v CSKA Moscow betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Thursday’s Europa League clash.
Arsenal v CSKA Moscow Betting Preview
Channel: BT Sport 2
Arsenal showed their class within the previous round of the competition as they saw off AC Milan in a 3-1 victory. However, it was Welbeck who grabbed the headlines that fixture as his penalty caused quite the controversy, with an angered Gattuso on the side lines. The Gunners will hope to use this fixture at the Emirates to gain the strongest advantage possible over the Russian side – as it may be difficult to play in such a hostile atmosphere in Moscow.
CSKA Moscow progressed to the Quarter-Final of the Europa League via away goals as they saw off French side Lyon in the previous round. The Russian side over-turned a 1-0 loss they suffered in the previous leg as they went on to beat Lyon 3-2 away from home. However, with Arsenal being a higher calibre opposition, it may be a step too far for CSKA.
- Arsenal striker, Danny Welbeck, is a doubt for this fixture despite featuring prominently in the Europa League.
- The only player CSKA Moscow will be missing will be Krill Nababkin, who is suspended for this game.
Potential Arsenal Starting XI: Ospina; Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal; Ramsey, Xhaka; Ozil, Iwobi, Mkhitaryan; Nkeitah
Potential CSKA Moscow Starting XI: Akinfeev; Vasin, Ignashevich, Bereutski; Wernbloom; Fernandes, Golovin, Milanov, Schennikov; Zhamaletdinov, Vitinho
Head To Head
- CSKA Moscow 1 – 0 Arsenal – 17thOctober 2006
- Arsenal 0-0 CSKA – 1stNovember 2006
Stats & Facts
- Arsenal have never beaten CSKA Moscow.
- CSKA Moscow won the Europa League as recently as 2005.
- Arsenal – 1/3
- Draw – 19/5
- CSKA Moscow – 9/1
- Both teams to score in the first half – 5/1
- Draw – 19/5