Arsenal v Liverpool Betting Preview | 22nd December
In our Arsenal v Liverpool betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats and facts, popular bets and more for Friday evening’s Premier League fixture.
Arsenal v Liverpool Betting Preview
Watch: Sky Sports Premier League
Despite beating West Ham United within the Carabao Cup, Arsenal will look to improve their Premier League performances as they take on a strong Liverpool side this weekend. Within recent times, the Gunners have recorded just one win within their last four fixtures. Furthermore, they currently sit 5th in the table, however, should they beat Liverpool in this fixture, it could see them leap frog the Reds and into the Champions League places.
However, Arsenal couldn’t have picked a worse time to play the Reds, as they are fresh off a 4-0 victory against Bournemouth from last weekend. In addition to this, throughout the month of December, Liverpool have converted 19 goals whilst conceding just two. Therefore, due to this statistic alone and both defences being known for defensive mistakes, mainly Dejan Lovren, we expect this to be a high scoring fixture.
- Giroud, Ramsey and Coquelin will not feature due to recent injury problems.
- Sturridge and Matip will not feature for Liverpool, however, Emre Can is likely to return to the starting line up.
Potential Arsenal Starting XI: Cech; Monreal, Mustafi, Koscielny; Bellerin, Wilshere, Xhaka, Kolasinac; Sanchez, Ozil; Lacazette
Potential Liverpool Starting XI: Mignolet; Gomez, Lovren, Klavan; Robertson; Oxlade-Chaimberlain, Henderson, Can; Salah, Firmino, Coutinho
Stats & Facts
- If Petr Cech keeps a clean sheet in this fixture, this would be his 200 Premier League clean sheet.
- Both Liverpool and Arsenal have conceded the most goals in the Premier League’s top seven teams.
- In addition to this, Liverpool have the Premier League’s leading goal scorer with 14 goals in Mo Salah.
Arsenal 29/20, Draw 5/2, Liverpool 7/4
- Over 4,5 goals – 3/1
- Salah to score first 5/1