Arsenal v Southampton Betting Preview | 8th April
In our Arsenal v Southampton betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Super Sunday’s early kick off.
Arsenal v Southampton Betting Preview
Venue: Emirates Stadium
Channel: Sky Sports Premier League
Arsenal will look to carry their strong goal scoring form into their clash with Southampton in the Premier League on Sunday.
The hosts have recorded 5 straight victories scoring fifteen goals to relieve the pressure on their defence.
The Gunners defence has come under intense scrutiny this season, conceding 10 in the 4 matches prior to their 5 match winning streak but have conceded just twice in their current run before hosting a side who have struggled in front of goal.
Southampton have failed to score in their last three league fixtures achieving just a single point and just 2 points in their last 5 matches.
The visitors are currently 3 points adrift of safety with 7 games remaining.
Arsenal are without injured trio midfielders Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Santio Cazorla and Goalkeeper David Ospina.
Striker Pierre Emerick Aubameyang could return having been cup tied in Europe in midweek.
Saints are definitely missing midfielder Sam McQueen through injury while fellow midfielder Mario Lemina will face a late fitness test.
Potential Arsenal Starting XI: Cech, Bellerin, Mustafi, Chambers, Monreal, Elneny, Ramsey, Ozil, Wilshere, Welbeck, Aubameyang
Potential Southampton Starting XI: McCarthy, Bertrand, Hoedt, Stephens, Cedric, Redmond, Hojbjerg, Lemina, Tadic, Gabbiadini, Austin
Head To Head
- These two sides have met 84 times.
- Arsenal have won on 41 occasions with 23 ending as a draw.
Stats & Facts
- Mesut Ozil recorded 3 assists in Arsenal’s victory in midweek against CSKA Moscow.
- Alexandre Lacazette has 3 goals in his last 2 fixtures and is Arsenal’s top scorer with twelve.
- Pierre Emerick Aubameyang has scored 4 goals in his last 3 league appearances.
- Arsenal have scored in all of their last 6 matches in all competitions.
- Southampton have failed to score in each of their last 3 league fixtures.
- The saints are currently on a 5 match winless run in the league.
- Charlie Austin leads Southampton’s scoring charts with 6.
- Arsenal 4/7
- Draw 7/2
- Southampton 5/1
- BTTS – Yes 7/10, No 21/20
- Over 2.5 goals – 8/13
- Aubameyang to score first – 10/3
- Charlie Austin to score first – 8/1
- Arsenal to win to nil 13/8