Birmingham v Cardiff Betting Preview | 13th October
In our Birmingham v Cardiff City betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Friday’s Championship clash.
Birmingham v Cardiff Betting Preview
Venue: St Andrew’s
Steve Cotterill takes charge of his first game in charge of Birmingham City when he welcomes league leaders Cardiff City to St Andrew’s.
Cotterill was brought in to replace Harry Redknapp at Birmingham after a disappointing start to the season.
The Blues are currently third from bottom of the table and they will be looking to bounce back from the humiliating 6-1 defeat to Hull City last time before the international break.
Cotterill will be hoping to get his tenure off to a positive start, but he will face a real test against high-flying Cardiff who can go four points clear at the top of the table with victory on Friday night.
Cardiff will be looking to cement their place as genuine promotion contenders having lost just one game so far this season.
- Birmingham could welcome back record signing Jota from injury, while Che Adams and Jason Lowe could also return from hamstring injury to bolster Cotterill’s options.
- Emilio Nsue was due to return from international duty with Equatorial Guinea until Thursday and a late decision will be taken on his fitness.
- Arsenal loanee Carl Jenkinson remains sidelined as he recovers from a dislocated shoulder.
- Cardiff boss Neil Warnock has a decision to make on midfielder Aron Gunnarsson after playing twice on international duty as helping Iceland reach the World Cup.
- Gabon’s Bruno Manga and goalkeeper Neil Etheridge of the Philippines are doubtful after late returns from international duty.
- On-loan midfielder Craig Bryson is available again after missing the draw with Derby two weeks ago as he was unable to play against his parent club.
Head To Head
- Birmingham and Cardiff have met 40 times.
- Birmingham have won 14 times, Cardiff have won 16 times with 10 draws.
Stats & Facts
- The Bluebirds have picked up two wins in their last 27 away visits to Birmingham in all competitions and haven’t scored a single goal in any of their last three.
- Steve Cotterill is set to take charge of his first Birmingham match – his last league meeting against Neil Warnock came in March 2012, with Cotterill’s Nottingham Forest inflicting a 7-3 defeat on Warnock’s Leeds side.
- Birmingham – 12/5, Draw – 12/5, Cardiff – 11/8
- Both teams to score – 10/11
- Cardiff to win 2-1 – 9/1
- Nathaniel Mendez-Laing to score anytime – 31/10