Birmingham v Fulham Betting Preview | 6th May
In our Birmingham v Fulham betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Sunday’s vital Championship clash.
Birmingham City v Fulham Betting Preview
Venue: St. Andrew’s Stadium
A huge game awaits at St. Andrew’s on Sunday as relegation-threatened Birmingham City host promotion-chasing Fulham.
Birmingham’s fate is in their own hands as a point in this fixture will be enough to secure their safety; providing Burton Albion don’t win by ten or more goals against Preston.
Fulham, however, will start the day in 3rd place, one point behind promotion rivals Cardiff City, and must better the Welsh club’s result against Reading to return to the Premier League.
Should Birmingham lose, they will be relegated to League One if both Barnsley and Burton win or if either side win and Bolton win with a four-goal swing.
Fulham will be firm favourites going into this one as they look to extend their impressive unbeaten run to 24 games.
A win would mean that The Cottagers’ point tally would be 91 points yet still might be enough to secure automatic promotion; a feat that would be a record-high for a team finishing third in The Championship.
Blues centre-back Harlee Dean will make his return after serving a two-match suspension for a late challenge on Wolves’ Helder Costa.
Fulham will be hoping Matt Targett will be fit after the left-back came off last week against Sunderland with an ankle injury.
Floyd Ayite, Neeskens Kebano and Sheyi Ojo will have late fitness tests but are all expected to miss out.
Potential Birmingham Starting XI: Stockdale, Harding, Morrison, Dean, Colin, Jota, Davis, Ndoye, Maghoma, Jutkiewicz, Adams.
Potential Fulham Starting XI: Bettinelli, Fredericks, Odoi, Ream, Kamara, Cairney, McDonald, Johansen, Piazon, Mitrovic, Sessegnon.
Head To Head
- A Birmingham win would mean the Blues would register back-to-back home league matches against Fulham for the first time since December 1991, having beaten the Lilywhites 1-0 last season.
- Fulham have the chance to complete a Football League double over Birmingham for the first time since the 1952/53 campaign.
- Garry Monk’s three previous Championship meetings with Fulham have all ended 1-1.
Stats & Facts
- Since being relegated to the Championship, Birmingham are unbeaten on the last day or the season (W3, D3).
- Fulham are unbeaten in 23 league games, the longest current unbeaten run throughout the Football League.
- Birmingham’s Sam Gallagher is the league’s lowest scoring top goalscorer with six goals.
- Only 12 different Birmingham players have found the net this season, which is a league low.
Birmingham 7/2, Draw – 11/4, Fulham – 8/11
- Fulham to win 1-0 – 7/1
- Alexsandar Mitrovic first and last goalscorer – 9/1
- Fulham win and under 2.5 goals – 16/5