Brighton v Chelsea Betting Preview | 20th January
In our Brighton v Chelsea betting preview we look at team news, potential lineups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Saturday’s early Premier League kick-off.
Brighton v Chelsea Betting Preview
Venue: The Amex
Channel: Sky Sports Main Event
Brighton entertain Chelsea on the south coast on saturday lunchtime in what there seems to be no better time to play the Champions who are struggling as of late. The Blues have drawn their last 5 games on the spin in all competitions, only seeing past Norwich on penalties in midweek. Brighton will fancy their chances against Conte’s men, despite only 1 loss in their last 19 games. The home side have nothing to lose and it is fair to say that their fate come the end of the season won’t be reliant on their results against the premier league big boys. Brighton sit three points clear of Stoke in the relegation zone, with a win potentially parachuting them into 11th which highlights how tight it is in the bottom half of the table.
In terms of betting angles for this one, Chelsea at 8/13 doesn’t really correlate to much value from my point of view. Before their game against Norwich, with a fit Morata and Pedro, they were as low as 2/5 with bet365 but the bookies have shifted the prices to favour Brighton. Brighton are very strong at home, only losing to Liverpool and City and only failing to score three times. Chelsea to concede here is my best bet at 4/5. Despite numerous clean sheets lately, I expect Brighton to fancy their chances and come out of the blocks fast.
Chelsea will be without the suspended Spaniards Pedro and Morata after they were sent off in midweek, both picking up a yellow card for simulation.
Potential Brighton Starting XI: Ryan, Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner, Stephens, Propper, March, Izquierdo, Knockaert, Murray
Potential Chelsea Starting XI: Courtois, Zappacosta, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Rudiger, Alonso, Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Hazard, Willian
Stats & Facts
- Brighton’s only losses at home this season have come against City and Liverpool.
- Brighton have only failed to score in 3 premier league home games.
- Chelsea have won 4 of the 6 away games they have played against teams in the bottom half.
- Chelsea have only lost 1 of their last 19 games.
- Both teams average 10.96 corners per game.
- Brighton have conceded over 1.5 goals in 3 of their last 4.
- Brighton have played each of the top 6, in which 5 times conceded 2 or more goals.
Head To Head
- Chelsea won the only other competitive game between the two, this season (2-0). This was 0-0 at half-time.
Brighton 9/2 Draw 11/4 Chelsea 8/13
- Over 1.5 Chelsea goals – 8/11
- Chelsea clean sheet – No – 4/5
- Over 4.5 Brighton corners – 11/10