Burnley v Everton Betting Preview | Saturday 3rd March
In our Burnley v Everton betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Saturday’s early Premier League kick-off.
Burnley v Everton Betting Preview
Date: Saturday 3rd March 2018
Venue: Turf Moor
Channel: Sky Sports Main Event
Seventh meets ninth as Burnley host Everton in the early kick off on Saturday, and the two mid-table sides are enduring different fortunes at present.
The hosts have dropped out of the Champions League places to seventh having not won in twelve matches, despite the fourth best defensive record in the league.
Ashley Barnes is currently Burnley’s top scorer this season, but with just five goals after 28 league matches, Burnley have been lacking a goal scoring threat to defeat sides.
A trio of 1-1 draws against Newcastle, Manchester City and Southampton respectively, surrounding a 1-0 defeat to Swansea may give confidence to a shaky Everton defence.
Despite conceding 4 against Tottenham followed by a 5-1 defeat to Arsenal, Everton have climbed out of the relegation zone into the top half of the table since Sam Allardyce’s appointment.
Victories over Swansea, Leicester and Crystal Palace, 3-1, 2-1 and 3-1 respectively, have boosted the Toffees’ chances of survival.
However, a failure to score against a leaky Watford defence in a 1-0 defeat will probably knock Allardyce’s confidence his side will be able to penetrate a much sterner Burnley back line.
Scott Arfield is unavailable for Burnley, and Tom Heaton is a doubt, but they are expecting to welcome back defender James Tarkowski who returns after missing four matches.
The visitors should welcome back defensive trio Seamus Coleman, Leighton Baines and Phil Jagielka but Ramiro Funes-Mori hasn’t recovered in time.
The Toffees are also without Eliquim Mangala for the rest of the season.
Potential Burnley Starting XI: Pope, Ward, Mee, Long, Lowton, Lennon, Cork, Westwood, Gudmundsson, Hendrick, Barnes
Potential Everton Starting XI: Pickford, Martina, Keane, Williams, Kenny, Rooney Gueye, Davies, Sigurdsson, Niasse, Walcott
Head To Head
- These two sides have met 81 times.
- Everton currently have 33 victories, while 24 times have been drawn.
Stats & Facts
- Burnley haven’t won a match in all competitions in their last 12 attempts.
- The home side have scored more than a single on just one occasion in their previous 15 matches in all competitions.
- Under 2.5 goals has occurred in all of Burnley’s recent six fixtures.
- The clarets have not kept a clean-sheet in eight matches.
- Everton haven’t kept a clean-sheet in their last nine attempt
- Everton have conceded two or more goals in five of their last nine matches in all competitions
- Burnley 6/4
- Draw 2/1
- Everton 12/5
- Under 2.5 goals 19/40