Burnley v Man Utd Betting Preview | 20th January
In our Burnley v Man Utd betting preview we look at team news, potential lineups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Saturday’s Premier League clash.
Burnley v Man Utd Betting Preview
Venue: Turf Moor
Jesse Lingard could well be the focus of attention for Sean Dyche’s preparations for his Burnley side’s visit from Manchester United.
Sean Dyche will be well aware of the England international’s form, having seen his side ? thanks to a brace from Lingard.
The grabbed the second and final goal in his side’s 2-0 victory over Everton in the league and the pair again crafted another 2-0 victory, this time Lingard opening the scoring, against Derby in the FA cup. Neither could
Burnley’s struggle in front of goal has extended a winless streak of seven games in all competitions.
The Clarets have failed to score in four of their last seven matches.
Top scorer Chris Wood, has scored six goals this season but is missing for the visit of United, with a leg injury.
Burnley are without goalkeeper Tom Heaton, defender Stephen Ward and strikers Chris Wood and Jonathan Walters all due to injury.
Scott Arfield could return for the Clarets following injury.
United have three players missing with injuries, defender Eric Bailly, midfielder Michael Carrick and forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Potential Burnley Starting XI: Pope, Taylor, Mee, Tarkowski, Bardsley, Defour, Cork, Barnes, Hendrick, Gudmonsson, Vokes
Potential Manchester United Starting XI: De Gea, Young, Smalling, Jones, Valencia, Matic, Pogba, Mata, Lingard, Martial, Lukaku
Stats & Facts
- The home side haven’t won in six league matches, seven in all competitions.
- Burnley have failed to score in four of their last seven matches but kept four clean-sheets in their last eight.
- This will be Sean Dyche’s 100th Premier League game.
- Manchester United have scored three or more goals in five of their last six fixtures.
Head To Head
- These sides have met on 79 occasions.
- Manchester United have been the most successful, winning 39 times and drawing 16.
- Burnley let a 2-0 lead slip in the previous draw between these two sides.
Burnley – 6/1, Draw – 29/10, Man U – 3/5
- United clean-sheet – 5/6
- BTTS, No – 4/6