Burnley v Newcastle Betting Preview | 30th October
In our Burnley v Newcastle betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, popular bets and more for Monday evening’s Premier League fixture.
Burnley v Newcastle Betting Preview
Venue: Turf Moor
Watch: Sky Sports
Monday night sees two sides currently sitting in the top half of the table as Burnley host Newcastle at Turf Moor.
Burnley come into the game having won 3, drawn 4 and lost just 2 of their 9 games in the Premier League so far this season. The Clarets have also lost just 1 of their last 7 league games – a 3-0 defeat to leaders Man City last weekend.
However, despite sitting 10th in the table, Burnley have struggled for goals. Sean Dyche’s side have found the back of the net just 8 times (the 6th worst record in the league) and have only scored 2 or more goals once this season (during a 2-3 victory away to Chelsea).
A win for Burnley on Monday would see them overtake their opponents and move up to 7th in the table.
Newcastle meanwhile, have won 4, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their opening 9 games. Similar to Burnley, The Magpies have also lost just 1 of their last 7 league games – a 1-0 defeat away to Brighton in September.
Maybe rather unsurprisingly, 10 of Newcastle’s 14 points this season (71%) have come at St James’ Park. On the road, Rafa Benitez’s side have won 1, drawn 1 and lost 2, scoring 3 goals in those 4 games.
A win for Newcastle on Monday wouldsee them move up to 6th in the table.
- Jonathan Walters and Tom Heaton are out for Burnley while Chris Wood is a doubt.
- Paul Dummett and Dwight Gayle are unavailable for Newcastle.
Burnley Potential Starting XI – Pope, Ward, Mee, Tarkowski, Lowton, Arfield, Cork, Defour, Brady, Hendrick, Vokes
Newcastle Potential Starting XI – Elliot, Manquillo, Lejeune, Lascelles, Yedlin, Shelvey, Merino, Atsu, Pérez, Ritchie, Joselu
Stats & Facts
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 10 of Burnley’s last 12 home league games.
- All four of Burnley’s Premier League home wins in 2017 have been by a 1-0 scoreline.
- Newcastle have conceded just 1 first-half goal this season.
Head To Head
- Both sides have won 41 of their 101 contests, with 19 draws.
Burnley 23/10 Draw 20/9 Newcastle 17/11
- Both Teams To Score 21/20
- Burnley Draw No Bet – 23/20