Chelsea v Atletico Betting Preview | 5th December
In our Chelsea v Atletico betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Tuesday night’s final Champions League group match.
Chelsea v Atletico Betting Preview
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Channel: BT Sport 3
Chelsea entertain Diego Simeone’s Ateltico Madrid side on Tuesday night with a lot still left to play for.
The Blues have already qualified, but victory at Stamford Bridge will see them go through as Group C winners.
Atletico, on the other hand, must win to stand any chance of progressing.
They must then hope that Roma slip up against Qarabag to avoid going into the Europa League.
Antonio Conte is expected to name the same side that beat Newcastle in the Premier League on Saturday.
David Luiz, Charly Musonda and Kenedy will all miss out with knee injuries.
Atletico won 2-1 against Real Sociedad on the weekend, with striker Antoine Greizmanm providing a late winner.
The French forward has been linked with a move to the Premier League recently and will likely start on Tuesday night.
Potential Chelsea Starting XI: Courtois, Moses, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, Alonso, Fabregas, Kante, Drinkwater, Hazard, Morata.
Potential Atletico Madrid Starting XI: Oblak, Thomas, Gimenez, Godin, Luis, Correa, Gabi, Saul, Koke, Griezmann, Gameiro.
Head To Head
- The two sides have faced each other six times since 2009, with two wins apiece and two draws.
- Chelsea snatched a late winner when the last sides met in September, winning 2-1.
Stats & Facts
- Diego Simeone’s six-match unbeaten run against English teams came to end when Chelsea won late on in the reverse fixture in Spain.
- Chelsea’s win against Newcastle made it five wins from their last six games.
- Equally, Madrid have won five out of their last six fixtures.
- Atletico have scored in nine of the last ten competitive games.
- Chelsea have struggled defensively in this competition so far, conceding seven goals in five games.
Chelsea – Evens, Draw – 12/5, Atletico – 11/4
- Draw at HT and either team winning at FT – 5/2
- Griezmann to score first – 7/1