Chelsea v Leicester Betting Preview | 13th January
In our betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for this Premier League tie.
Chelsea v Leicester Betting Preview
Venue: Stamford Bridge
The Blues host The Foxes on Saturday afternoon in a fixture that has presented plenty of goals over the years. 11 of the last 13 games have had 3 goals or more, seeing every single game have a first half goal. Chelsea played the most recently, in a 0-0 against Arsenal on Wednesday in the cup semi-final. Leicester have had longer to rest, especially seeing as though they rested their key players for last weekend’s cup tie at Fleetwood. These key players were obviously a miss as The Foxes saw out a 0-0 draw and now have to play a replay at The King Power on tuesday.
Chelsea are very dominant at home, which has seen them climb the league and back to where they should be: sat in third place and 5 points off Spurs in fifth place. Chelsea have been winning at half-time in 3 of their last 4 games at home and have barely conceded at home. They have won 5 of their last 6 at home to nil. Leicester are also free scoring: they have scored in every away game under new manager Puel and have also seen 3 or more goals scored in 8 of their last 9 matches. This game looks set for goals, and with Chelsea favourites (rightly so), the Chelsea win and goals markets look good. Chelsea win and BTTS is 2/1 which looks great value and Chelsea win over 2.5 goals is 8/11.
Vardy may return from injury that saw him miss a return to Fleetwood.
Potential Chelsea Starting XI: Courtois, Moses, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Christensen, Alonso, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Kante, Hazard, Morata
Potential Leicester Starting XI: Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan, Maguire, Fuchs, Silva, Iborra, Gray, Mahrez, Okazaki, Vardy
Stats & Facts
- Chelsea have only lost 1 of their last 17 games. They have won 9 of their last 11 games at home, 5 of which ‘To Nil’.
- Over 1.5 Chelsea goals in 18 of their last 26 at home.
- Chelsea HT Result 3 of their last 4 at home in the league.
- BTTS – No in 4 of the last 5 at Stamford Bridge.
- The Foxes have scored in their last 7 away games, and in all under Claude Puel.
- Over 2.5 goals in 8 of Leicester’s last 9.
- Leicester have conceded 2 or more goals in all away games to the current top 6.
- Both teams average over 11 corners per game.
Head To Head
- 11 of the last 13 have had over 2.5 goals, all of these had over 0.5 first half goals.
- Over 1.5 chelsea goals in the last 4.
- Leicester have only beaten Chelsea away 3 times in their history.
- Chelsea have won 11 of the last 14 ties.
- Chelsea have only received 1 yellow card in the last 6 between the two.
- Chelsea win, over 2.5 goals – 8/11
- BTTS Over 2.5 goals – 13/10
- Over 3.5 Leicester corners – 1/1
Chelsea 1/4 Draw 9/2 Leicester 11/1