Chelsea v Liverpool Betting Preview | 6th May
In our Chelsea v Liverpool betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Sunday’s Premier League clash.
Chelsea v Liverpool Betting Preview
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Channel: Sky Sports
Liverpool’s top 4 place will be severely under pressure should they get beaten when they visit Chelsea on Sunday.
The Blues will close the gap between the two sides to just three points with a victory.
A single point would all but end Conte’s champions league charge for this season, needing 4 points from their last two fixtures and overturning a huge goal difference between them and 4th place.
Liverpool suffered defeat in midweek, a 4-2 loss to Roma but progressed to the Champions League final 7-6 on aggregate.
Mohammed Salah leads the way for goals in the Premier League with 31 in this competition alone.
The home side have defensive duo David Luiz and Ethan Ampadu injured.
The visitors are without midfielders Can, Lallana and Oxlade-Chamberlain while Joel Matip is also unavailable through injury.
Potential Chelsea Starting XI: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Rudiger, Moses, Fabregas, Kante, Alonso, Pedro, Hazard, Giroud
Potential Liverpool Starting XI: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Milner, Salah, Firmino, Mane
Head To Head
- These two sides have met on 168 occasions.
- Liverpool currently hold the bragging rights with 71 victories while 40 matches ended as a draw.
Stats & Facts
- Liverpool are the second highest scorers in the league (80).
- A draw would be enough for Liverpool to secure Champions League football next season.
- Liverpool’s Mohammed Salah is the league’s leading scorer (31).
- The reds haven’t lost a premier league game in their last six matches.
- The visitors, however, haven’t won in their previous two.
- Chelsea have won their last three league fixtures, their last four in all competitions.
- The Blues haven’t conceded a single goal in either of their last two fixtures.
- If Chelsea fail to win they will need four points from a possible six and to overturn a 10 goal difference between them and 4th place.
- Chelsea 6/5
- Draw 13/5
- Liverpool 12/5
- Over 2.5 goals 7/10
- BTTS 4/7
- Away win 12/5