Chelsea v Newcastle Betting Preview | 2nd December
In our Chelsea v Newcastle betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Saturday’s early Premier League kick-off.
Chelsea v Newcastle Betting Preview
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Channel: Sky Sports Main Event
Chelsea host Newcastle on Saturday as we enter the busy festive fixture period with sides set to play no less than 7 games within a month.
Chelsea come into the game in great form having won 5 and drawn 1 of their last 6 games in the Premier League.
Conte’s side have kept clean sheets in all of their last 4 wins, which include Bournemouth (away), Man Utd (home), West Brom (away) and Swansea (home). 3 of those 4 wins have been by a 1-0 scoreline.
Despite their recent good form however, the Blues remain 9 points off leaders Man City.
A win for Chelsea will see them go joint 3rd in the Premier League with Man Utd who travel to Arsenal in the Saturday evening late kick-off.
Meanwhile, Newcastle have failed to win any of their last 5 games and have won just 1 of their last 9 in the premier League – a 1-0 win at home to Crystal Palace.
Benitez’s side have really struggled on the road this season with just 1 win in 7 – a 1-0 victory away to an out-of-form Swansea side. In fact, The Magpies have accumulated just 5 points away compared to their tally of 10 at St James’ Park.
A win for Newcastle will see them jump into the top half of the table ad go temporarily 9th, overtaking Southampton, Brighton and Leicester.
Michy Batshuayi, Charly Musonda, David Luiz and Kenedy are all out for the hosts.
Jamaal Lascelles, Paul Dummett and Christian Atsu are doubts for the away side.
Potential Chelsea Starting XI: Courtois, Cahill, Christensen, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Kanté, Bakayoko, Moses, Willian, Pedro, Hazard
Potential Newcastle Starting XI: Elliot, Manquillo, Lejeune, Clark, Yedlin, Shelvey, Merino, Murphy, Pérez, Ritchie, Mitrovic
Head To Head
- Chelsea have only lost one of their last 22 top-flight home games against Newcastle (W15, D6).
Stats & Facts
- Chelsea have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 5 top-flight games.
- Chelsea have dropped 8 points at home in the league this season, 2 more than the whole of last.
- Chelsea have scored a league-high 8 headed goals in the Premier League this season.
- Rafael Benitez has only won 1 of 12 competitive games as an opposition manager at Stamford Bridge.
- Chelsea 3/10
- Draw 11/2
- Newcastle 14/1
- Chelsea Half Time/Full Time – 20/23
- Chelsea Win To Nil – 21/20
- Chelsea & Over 2.5 Match Goals – 4/5