Chelsea v Southampton Betting Preview | 16th December
In our Chelsea v Southampton betting preview we look at the most popular bets and tips along with team news, potential line-ups, and more for Saturday Premier League fixture.
Chelsea v Southampton Betting Preview
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Four points is the difference: it is Chelsea’s cushion between themselves and their new-set target of the top four, and Southampton’s lead over the bottom three prior to these two sides meeting on Saturday.
Antonio Conte admitted his third-placed Chelsea side are out of the title race already following their 1-0 defeat to West Ham last weekend. They did, however, return to form in a 3-1 defeat of Huddersfield midweek.
Eleventh-placed Southampton could argue mid table but just one win in eight matches sees them just six points off the bottom.
A 4-1 defeat to Leicester in their most recent fixture was their first defeat in three.
Chelsea top scorer, Alvaro Morata should return after missing the Huddersfield fixture through both fatigue and back problems.
Defender David Luiz remains sidelined with an injury.
Southampton have a full squad available.
Potential Chelsea starting XI: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Christensen, Moses, Fabregas, Kante, Bakayoko, Alonso, Hazard, Morata
Potential Southampton starting XI: Forster, Cedric, van Dijk, Yoshida, Bertrand, Romeu, Lemina, Tadic, Davis, Boufal, Austin
Stats & Facts
- Chelsea have lost just once in nine games in all competitions (W6, D2).
- Morata has scored five of his nine goals with his head.
- Chelsea have scored 3+ goals in 4 of their last eight matches.
- Chelsea haven’t kept a clean-sheet in their last four.
- Southampton have scored in all of their last five fixtures.
- Southampton haven’t won against a top eight side in five attempts (L4 D1).
- There has been O 2.5 goals in four of Southampton’s last six fixtures.
Chelsea – 2/5, Draw – 4/1, Southampton – 8/1
- Over 2.5 goals – 7/10
- Chelsea to win, BTTS – 11/5