Chelsea v Watford Betting Preview | 21st October
In our Chelsea v Watford betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats and facts, popular bets and more for Saturday’s lunchtime Premier League fixture.
Chelsea v Watford Betting Preview
Venue: Stamford Bridge
Watch: Sky Sports Premier League
Antonio Conte’s men take on Watford this weekend’s in the lunchtime kick off as they seek a top four place. However, the Blues have failed to perform within the Premier League as of late. Within their last fixture, they were beaten by bottom of the table Crystal Palace as they failed to control the likes of Townsend and Zaha. In addition to this, Chelsea haven’t won at home in the Premier League since their 2-0 victory over Everton in the latter weeks of August.
On the other hand, Watford have certainly impressed this season. With the addition of managerial ace Marco Silva and signings such as Andre Gray and Richarlison, they have taken the Premier League by storm. The Hornets currently sit fourth in the table, one place higher than the team they face this weekend. Within their most recent fixture against Arsenal, Marco Silva’s men defeated the North London side in a convincing display. Therefore, with Chelsea currently struggling with form, an upset could be on the cards.
- Alvaro Morata is expected to return to the side following the injury he sustained against Manchester City.
- N’Golo Kante will not feature for Chelsea due to an injury he sustained to his thigh.
- Key Watford figures such as Nathaniel Chalobah and Isaac Success have been declared unfit for this fixture.
Potential Chelsea Starting XI: Courtois; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Alonso; Willian, Morata, Hazard
Potential Watford Starting XI: Gomes; Mariappa, Kabasele, Britos; Femenia, Cleverly, Doucoure, Holebas; Pereya, Gray, de Andrade
Stats & Facts
- Watford haven’t beaten Chelsea in the 21st century.
- The last time Watford won at Stamford Bridge was in 1984.
Chelsea 3/10, Draw 4/1, Watford 10/1
- Watford win and under 2.5 goals – 12/1
- Double result Draw/Watford – 16/1