Chicago Bears v Buffalo Bills Betting Preview, Odds & Tips | 04/11/18
Ben Rolfe (@benrolfe15) previews Chicago Bears @ Buffalo and provides us with his best bets for Sunday’s NFL game by analysing team news, potential line-ups, head-to-head, key stats and facts and more.
Chicago Bears v Buffalo Bills Betting Preview, Odds & Tips
- Date: 04/11/18
- Time: 18:00
- Venue: New Era Stadium, Buffalo
- Channel: NFL Gamepass
This is certainly not going to be must watch television on Sunday. However, the game does present some interesting betting opportunities. The Bills have managed to surprise a few teams this year, including beating the Tennessee Titans and Minnesota Vikings. They also managed to slow down the New England Patriots on Monday Night, giving up just 25 points.
The Chicago Bears have been a little bit of a Jekyll and Hyde team this season. When they have faced bad defences they have had success on offence. However, when they have faced decent or good defences they have struggled to put up points, including scoring just 24 points against the Seahawks, 16 against the Cardinals and 24 against the Jets.
Josh Allen remains out for the Buffalo Bills. Derek Anderson is also questionable meaning the Bills could be starting Nathan Peterman with Matt Barkley as the backup on Sunday.
Khalil Mack did not practice on Wednesday and is doubtful to play this week. In addition, Allen Robinson is likely to miss the game Sunday which will hamper the Bears offence.
Head To Head
- The Chicago Bears are 7-5 all-time against the Buffalo Bills.
- The Bills won the last matchup between the two teams in 2014.
Key Stats & Facts
- The Buffalo Bills rank 32nd in points scored per game, 31st in total yards gained and 32nd in passing yards.
- The Bills have turned the ball over 18 times which ranks 29th in the league. Their 13 interceptions is the worst number in the league.
- The Bills rank 10th in the league in sacks by their defence and third in forced fumbles.
- The Chicago Bears have turned the ball over 10 times, which ranks 19th in the league.
- The Bears defence is one of the toughest to score on in the league, allowing an offensive score on just 29.6% of drives, placing them the second best in the league.
- Chicago Bears 1/4 (Betfair)
- Washington Redskins 19/5 (BoyleSports)
There are a lot of interesting bets available in this game. I expect it to be an extremely low scoring game with touchdowns being hard to come by. Therefore I like the under on the points total at 38.5 and the under on total touchdowns at 4.5. Given that I expect the game to be low scoring I struggle to see the Bears winning this game by much more than 10. 10 points is a lot for any NFL team to win by even when the opposition is as bad as the Buffalo Bills. Therefore, I am backing the Bills getting the 10 points on offer. I would not put a huge amount on it however, as I expect the Bills to be pretty poor in this game.
The Bills defence is good and managed to keep the Patriots out of the end zone for a good portion of their game Monday night. However, I do think Chicago will move the ball and therefore I really like the Bears to score a first half field goal at 1/1.
Finally, given the mess that is the Bills quarterback situation I am putting a little wager on the Bears defence to score at least one touchdown in this game. In addition, with Peterman and possibly even Barkley starting there is a chance the Bears D/ST can score twice in this game, which comes with the potential for nice returns on a small wager.