Crystal Palace v Arsenal Betting Preview | 28th December
In our Crystal Palace v Arsenal betting preview we look at team news, potential lineups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Thursday evening’s Premier League clash.
Crystal Palace v Arsenal Betting Preview
Venue: Selhurst Park
Channel: Sky Sports Main Event
Arsenal look to shoot down any hopes Crystal Palace have of rising above any relegation fight as the Eagles host the Gunners on Thursday.
Arsenal look to close the gap between themselves and fourth placed Liverpool to just one point with a victory, having had to settle for a point against the latter in a 3-3 draw in their most recent fixture, having led 3-2. Two victories in their last three, however, and unbeaten in their last six will have bred confidence into Arsenal’s push for champions league football.
Roy Hodgson is also looking up, and away from the relegation zone, looking well set to complete his aim when he was appointed just three months ago. A 0-0 draw with West Brom narrowly lifted Palace off the bottom of the table shortly followed by two victories in their previous four matches saw the eagles rise above the drop zone.
Only one point north of the drop zone still however, proves Hodgson still has some work to do to secure safety and will want to tighten up his defence, having seen his side concede two or more on six occasions in all competitions since his arrival.
Taken under Hodgson’s wing is Wilfred Zaha who has scored all his four league goals this season since the arrival of the former England boss.
The home side welcome back striker Christian Benteke following his suspension. Mamadou Sakho and Joel Ward are both out injured.
For the away side, Midfielders Santi Cazorla and Aaron Ramsey remain injured and will miss the match as well as defender Nacho Monreal who picked up an injury against Liverpool.
Potential Crystal Palace Starting XI: Speroni, Schlupp, Dann, Tomkins, Kelly, Loftus-Cheek, Milivojevic, Cabaye, McArthur, Zaha, Benteke.
Potential Arsenal Starting XI: Cech, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mustafi, Maitland-Niles, Wilshere, Xhaka, Iwobi, Ozil, Sanchez, Lacazette
Stats & Facts
- Crystal Palace are unbeaten in their last eight matches (W3, D5).
- The Eagles have the second lowest number of clean-sheets with three.
- Both teams have scored in three of the Eagles’ last four fixtures.
- Since Roy Hodgson’s appointment three months ago, Palace have conceded two or more on six occasions.
- Three of the last four matches involving Crystal Palace have seen over 2.5 goals.
- Arsenal have failed to score in just one of their previous nine fixtures.
- Arsenal have two clean-sheets in their last three matches.
Head To Head
Crystal Palace have won on only three occasions against Arsenal in 34 attempts.
Crystal Palace – 7/2, Draw – 29/10, Arsenal – 5/6
- Over 2.5 goals and BTTS – 10/11
- Crystal Palace or draw – 1/1
- Both teams to score in both halves – 10/1