Crystal Palace v Man City Betting Preview | 31st December
In our Crystal Palace v Manchester City betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats and facts, popular bets and more for New Year’s Eve Premier League fixture.
Crystal Palace v Man City Betting Preview
Venue: Selhurst Park
Watch: Sky Sports Premier League
Crystal Palace haven’t had the season that they expected this campaign, spending the large majority of within the relegation zone under the guidance of Frank De Boer. Despite this, bringing in former England manager, Roy Hodgson, has appeared to be a breath of fresh air for the Eagles, as they have performed far better in the month of December in comparison to the rest of their season.
However, no matter how well Crystal Palace may be playing within recent times, it won’t stop Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City. The Citizens have been a dominant force in the Premier League this season, remaining unbeaten since the opening day of the campaign. Furthermore, due to the high volume of fixtures around the Christmas period, Guardiola will take this opportunity to rotate his squad in order to keep key members fit. Nonetheless, we still expect a convincing win for Manchester City.
- It is currently unclear whether David Silva or Vincent Kompany will feature due to injury doubts, whilst Phil Foden will not feature due to an ankle injury.
- Yohan Cabaye may not feature due to injury doubts.
Potential Crystal Palace Starting XI: Speroni; Kelly, Tomkins, Dann, Schlupp; Townsend, McArthur, Milivojevic, Loftus-Cheek; Benteke, Zaha
Potential Manchester City Starting XI: Ederson; Walker, Mangala, Otamendi, Danilo; De Bruyne, Yaya Toure, Fernandinho; Bernardo Silva, Aguero, Sterling
Stats & Facts
- Manchester City are unbeaten this season.
- Manchester City have beaten Crystal Palace 14 times in there last 15 meetings.
- City have won their last two games against Palace with a 5-0 scoreline.
- Palace has failed to keep a clean sheet in there last 10 home games.
Crystal Palace 11/1, Draw 5/1, Man City ¼
- Sterling and Aguero both to score 5/2
- Man City to score over three goals 11/4
- Man City to win 5-0 20/1