Derby v Bristol City Betting Preview | 19th January
In our Derby v Bristol City betting preview we look at team news, potential lineups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Friday evening’s Championship clash.
Derby v Bristol City Betting Preview
Venue: Pride Park
Channel: Sky Sports Main Event
An away win for Bristol City here will take them within two points of the hosts and therefore a top two spot, but for them to do so they face a huge task in defeating a team who have not lost since the end of November last year. Bristol City, on the other hand, have lost their last five games including two defeats in the Carabao and FA Cup. The away side have scored in 6 of their last 8 away games in the league, noticeably not scoring in their 5-0 thrashing at Villa Park in their last championship away day. They have also not won at Pride Park since 2011.
Derby County’s current form has seen their manager, Gary Rowett, come under the spotlight and be considered for premier league jobs such as that at Stoke City. Luckily for The Rams he decided to commit his future to the East Midlands club and decline the chance to manage in the premier league this season, as he hopes to do so with The Rams next term. They are currently on course to do so, sitting in 2nd place and in some fantastic form. They are favourites to win here at a fantastic price of 21/20 from my point of view. For Bristol City, it is the wrong time to be coming up against The Rams from my point of view, as Derby can cut the gap to 7 points to top of the table Wolves.
Bristol City may have one eye on their Carabao Cup tie against Man City on tuesday.
Potential Derby Starting XI: Carson, Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Forsyth, Russell, Thorne, Huddlestone, Lawrence, Vydra, Winnall
Potential Bristol City Starting XI: Steele, Flint, Wright, Baker, Magnusson, Bryan, Pack, Smith, Brownhill, Paterson, Reid
Stats & Facts
- Derby are undefeated since the end of November, whereas Bristol City have lost their last 5 matches in all competitions.
- 5 of the last 6 games at Pride Park have not had BTTS. 3 of Bristol City’s last 4 away games in the league have seen both teams score.
- Bristol City have only scored 2 goals in their last 5, whilst Derby have had 8 clean sheets in their last 11 games.
Head To Head
- Over 0.5 first half goals in all of the last 8.
- BTTS in the last 4.
- Over 2.5 goals in 5 of the last 6.
- Bristol City have only won 1 of the last 9 in this tie, which was this season (4-1).
Derby 21/20 Draw 23/10 Bristol City 13/5
- Derby win – 21/20
- Over 0.5 first half goals – 4/9
- Derby score in both halves – 12/5
- Vydra to score at anytime – 11/8