Everton v Arsenal Betting Preview | 22nd October
In our Everton v Arsenal betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Sunday’s Premier League fixture.
Everton v Arsenal Betting Preview
Venue: Goodison Park
Channel: Sky Sports Main Event
The first of Sunday’s two Premier League games sees Everton host Arsenal and both sides will be desperate to come away with a victory for contrasting reasons.
Everton have started the season poorly with just two wins, two draws and four defeats in eight Premier League games. Three of those four defeats however have been at the hands of Chelsea, Tottenham and Man Utd. Despite that, performances have been poor and already fans are calling for Ronald Koeman to be sacked.
A win for The Toffees on Sunday could move them up-to 13th in the table (currently 16th).
Arsenal meanwhile were unbeaten in their last four games before the international break (three wins and a draw) without conceding a single goal. In their first game back however they were beaten by Watford thanks to a Troy Deeney penalty and an injury time goal from Tom Cleverley.
Worryingly for Arsene Wenger’s side however, is the fact that they have failed to win any of their four away games this season and have only scored a single goal away from home.
A win for The Gunners on Sunday could move them up-to 4th in the table (currently 7th).
Ramiro Funes Mori, Ross Barkley, Seamus Coleman and Yannick Bolasie remain out for Everton.
Santi Cazorla, Calum Chambers, Shkodran Mustafi, Danny Welbeck and David Ospina are unavailable for Arsenal.
Potential Tottenham Starting XI: Pickford, Baines, Jagielka, Keane, Martina, Gueye, Schneiderlin, Calvert-Lewin, Sigurdsson, Vlasic, Rooney
Potential Liverpool Brighton Starting XI: Cech, Monreal, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Kolasinac, Ramsey, Xhaka, Bellerín, Özil, Sánchez, Lacazette
Head To Head
- Everton have recorded just 2 wins in the last 23 meetings with Arsenal but did triumph with 10 men in this same fixture last season.
Stats & Facts
- Only Crystal Palace (2) have scored fewer goals than Everton (5) in the Premier League this season.
- There has been a red card in 3 of the last 4 Premier League meetings between Everton and Arsenal.
- Ronald Koeman has won all 3 previous home games as manager in the Premier League against Arsene Wenger (aggregate score of 8-1).
Everton 3/1, Draw – 5/2, Arsenal 21/20
- Arsenal To Score 2+ Goals 10/11