Fleetwood v Leicester Betting Preview | 6th January 2018
In our Fleetwood v Leicester betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Saturday’s lunch-time FA Cup tie.
Fleetwood v Leicester Betting Preview
Venue: Highbury Stadium
Channel: BBC One
Jamie Vardy could face his former club when his current side Leicester City visit Fleetwood Town in the FA Cup on Saturday.
Claude Puel’s side have vastly improved since the Frenchman arrived, boasting a 47% win ratio in all competitions and sitting in 8th position in the Premier League, 10 points adrift of the relegation zone.
A defeat on penalties to Manchester City in the league cup, following Vardy’s 97th minute equaliser, leaves the FA Cup as Leicester’s sole cup competition this season.
Fleetwood Town manager Uwe Rosler is no stranger to this competition, reaching the semi-finals in 2013 while manager of Wigan Athletic.
His current side Fleetwood Town were forced into a second round replay by Hereford town before they reached the third round with a 2-0 victory.
Their league form, two victories in their previous three outings, sees the Cod Army currently placed 12th in League One.
Home manager Uwe Rosler has a full squad available for selection.
Adrien Silva could make his first start for Leciester having made his debut against Huddersfield.
Captain Wes Morgan and fellow defenders Danny Simpson and Robert Huth are all unavailable for the visitors due to injury.
Potential Fleetwood Starting XI: Neal, Schwabl, Bolger, Eastham, Bell, Glendon, Hunter, Dempsey, Coyle, Cole, Burns
Potential Leicester Starting XI: Hamer, Amartey, Dragovic, Maguire, Fuchs, Albrighton, King, Iborra, Chilwell, Okazaki, Iheanacho
Stats & Facts
- Fleetwood have never progressed further than the third round of the FA Cup.
- Leciester City have won their previous eight FA Cup third round ties against lower league opposition.
- Uwe Rosler has beaten premier league opposition in his last three attempts, beating Manchester City, Crystal Palace and Cardiff in 13/14.
- The Foxes were eliminated from the FA Cup by league one side Millwall last season.
Head To Head
- This is the first competitive meeting between the two sides.
Fleetwood – 11/2, Draw – 10/3, Leicester – 11/20
- Leicester City to win to nil – 8/5
- Over 2.5 goals – 4/5