Germany v Azerbaijan Betting Preview | 8th October
In our Germany v Azerbaijan betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Sunday’s Group C final World Cup Qualifier.
Germany v Azerbaijan Betting Preview
Venue: Fritz-Walter- Stadion
On paper this looks a clear win for Germany having just come back from a resounding 1v3 win away at second placed Northern Ireland. They have come through the last six games unbeaten only drawing one ( a friendly ),and Azerbaijan have lost 4, drawn 1 and had there only win at home against a poor San Marino. Azerbaijan will be content with stopping Germany scoring, having lost at home to the Czech Republic (1v2) in there last match and Germany will believe that they are too strong for whatever team Azerbaijan put out. Germany have not dropped a point all tournament with there only blemish on a perfect record was was a one all draw away to Denmark in a friendly and Azerbaijan will be hoping for a similar result on Sunday. In there previous encounter last year, in Azerbaijan, Germany strolled to a 1v4 victory.
Germany will feel that they could play any team they want and get a result but they will still try and field there strongest 11. With an injury to Oliver Khan whilst playing for his club Bayern Munich, Barcelona’s stopper Ter-Stefan will get the number one jersey again as he did last time out against Northern Ireland.
Potential Germany Starting XI – Ter-Stegan, Kimmich, Rüdiger, Hummel, Hector, Khadeira, Kroos, Rudy, Müller, Draxler, Werner
Azerbaijan will be looking to not leak goals so expect a defensive wall to be built around there 18 yard box. They do not have the squad depth that other countries have with few of there players getting any real experience outside of the country. Expect them to go for experience over youth.
Potential Azerbaijan Starting XI – Agayev, Pasayev, Sadiqov, Asimov, Quiliyev, Abdulayev, Mizabeyov, Almeyda, Ismaylov, Nazarov, Querbanov.
Stats & Facts
- Germany have an unbeaten record in this group with a goal difference of +36.
- Azerbaijan lie fifth some 12 points off second spot with a goal difference of -5.
- No matter what the result is, Azerbaijan can not qualify and will be playing for pride.
Head To Head
- This same fixture played in Azerbaijan last year saw Germany ease to a 1v4 victory. Goals from Schurrie, Müller and Gomez eased Germany in at half time 1v3 with Nasrov replying for Azerbaijan. A further strike in the second half by Schurrie sealed a comfortable win.
- They have met each other 5 times since 2009 all in qualifying stages and Germany have won all 5, scoring 19 goals and conceding just 3.
Germany 1/25 Draw 14/1 Azerbaijan 25/1
- Germany To Score Over 4.5 Goals 5/4