Greece v Croatia Betting Preview | 12th November
In our Greece v Croatia betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Sunday evening’s World cup qualifier second leg tie.
Greece v Croatia Betting Preview
Venue: Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium
Channel: Sky Sports Football
All-out attack is the only option for Greece when they face Croatia in the world cup qualifiers in order to overcome their 4-1 defeat to the same opponent in the first leg.
They Greeks have managed 18 goals in 11 matches in qualifying so far, including a 4-0 victory over Gibralta, a 2-1 defeat of Cyprus and a 1-1 stalemate with group leaders Belgium.
Croatia will be confident, however, they can rely on their stern defence to deny Greece the 3 goals they need, ensuring their own qualification, having only conceded 5 goals so far during the qualifying campaign.
Greece’s captain Vasilis Torosidis is expected to return on Sunday having missed the first leg through injury.
Kostas Manolas is available again having served his suspension.
Milan Badelj is sidelined for Croatia due to injury.
Mario Mandzukic is expected to return to the starting line up after fully recovering from his hamstring problem.
Potential Greece Starting XI: Karnezis, Manolas, Torosidis, Papadopoulos, Christodoulopoulos, Zeca, Tziolis, Samaris, Bakasetas, Fortounis, Mitroglou
Potential Croatia Starting XI: Subasic, Vrsaljko, Lovren, Vida, Strinic, Rakitic, Brozovic, Kramaric, Modric, Perisic, Mandzukic
Stats & Facts
- Croatia have not conceded more than 1 goal in any of their world cup qualifiers so far.
- Croatia only missed out on qualification by two points behind Iceland.
- Greece top scorer, Konstantinos Mitroglou, has 6 goals in this qualifying campaign.
Head To Head
- These two sides have met on just seven occasions.
- Following Croatia’s latest 4-1 victory, honours are even with two wins each and three draws.
Greece – 11/4, Draw – 12/5, Croatia – 23/20
- Over 2.5 goals – 23/20
- Croatia to win, BTTS (Yes) – 15/4