Huddersfield v Man Utd Betting Preview | 21st October
In our Huddersfield v Man Utd betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Saturday’s Premier League fixture.
Huddersfield v Man Utd Betting Preview
Venue: John Smith’s stadium
Jose Mourinho will be hoping his strikers can return to their goal-scoring ways when his side visit newly promoted Huddersfield Town on Saturday.
Manchester united picked up their 9th league clean-sheet of the season against Liverpool last weekend but now trail league leaders Manchester City by two points after the game finished 0-0.
That was the first time this season, however, that united have failed to score in a match in all competitions.
Romelu Lukaku averages just less than a goal in his debut season for united and leads the way for his club with 10 goals. Marcus Rashford scored the only goal of united’s 1-0 victory over Benfica midweek taking him 1 goal above Anthony Martial into second place with 6 for the season.
Huddersfield have conceded six goals in two matches, a 4-0 hammering of 3rd placed Tottenham followed by a 2-0 defeat to relegation rivals Swansea.
The Terriers have infact only scored 1 goal in their previous seven outings, a 1-1 draw with now managerless Leicester City.
A last victory was in the league cup against league One Rotherham United during late August. A narrow 1-0 victory over Newcastle United on August 20th was their most recent victory in the Premier League.
For the Terriers, Centre back Michael Hefele and midfielders Phillip Billing and Kasey Palmer are missing due to injuries.
Steve Mounie is also doubtful through injury.
Match winner in midweek, Marcus Rashford, is fit for the away side despite a knock against Benfica.
Defenders Eric Bailly and Marcos Rojo, midfielders Michael Carrick, Marouane Fellaini and Paul Pogba, as well as forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Potential Huddersfield starting XI: Lossl, Smith, Jorgensen, Schindler, Lowe, Mooy, Hogg, Kachunga, Ince, van La Parra, Depoitre
Potential Manchester United starting XI: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Darmian, Matic, Herrera, Young, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Lukaku
- Stats & Facts
- Manchester United are one of only two teams yet to be beaten this season alongside leaders Manchester City.
- Huddersfield’s only two league victories of the season came in their first two fixtures against bottom side Crystal Palace and newly promoted Newcastle United.
- Romelu Lukaku has scored more goals (10) than the cominbed total of goals Huddersfield have scored.
Head To Head
- These two sides have met on 42 occasions.
- Manchester United have won 18 times while huddersfield have prevailed in this fixture just 9 times.
- Huddersfield have failed to beat United in their last 10 previous meetings with United, drawing just once. Their last victory against the Red Devils dates back to 1952.
Huddersfield – 10/1, Draw – 4/1, Man U – 4/11
- Man U to win to nil – 20/21
- Man U (-1) – 1/1