Koln v Arsenal Betting Preview | 23nd November
In our Koln v Arsenal betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats and facts, popular bets and more for Thursday evening’s Europa League fixture.
Koln v Arsenal Betting Preview
Watch: BT Sport
Well, their last encounter was interesting to say the very least. Within this fixture, Arsenal take on the infamous Koln in their own back yard and if the first meeting was anything to go by, this could be an exciting game, on and off the pitch. Arsenal will be looking to build some momentum following their convincing 2-0 victory over North London rivals Tottenham. However, Arsenal boss, Arsene Wenger, has designated this competition to the youth team and squad rotation players and this is unlikely to change.
The Koln side will be hoping that the antics of their rowdy fanbase will draw attention away from their questionable performances on the pitch. The German side have only won a single home game within their last five fixtures at the RheinEnergieStadion, which is worrying to say the least. Furthemore, to add salt to the wound, Koln are currently bottom of the Bundesliga without a single win and two points to their name.
- Rotation is to be expected for Arsenal with the likes of Reiss Nelson, Jack Wilshere and Ospina featuring
- Koln and Germany full back, Jonas Hector, will not feature due to a ligament tear
- Zoller and Heintz of Koln will not feature due to injury
Potential Koln Starting XI: Baumann; Kaderabek, Hubner, Akpoguma, Posch; Nordtveit, Demirbay, Vogt, Geiger; Kramaric, Uth
Potential Arsenal Starting XI: Ospina; Mertesacker, Holding, Kolasinac; Bellerin, El Neny, Wilshere, Iwobi; Nelson, Giroud, Walcott
Stats & Facts
- Koln haven’t won a single game in the Bundesliga.
- Arsenal are yet to lose in the Europa League.
Koln 9/5, Draw 5/2, Arsenal 11/8
- Arsenal win and under 2,5 goals – 9/2
- Draw/ Arsenal – 5/1