Leeds v Sheffield United Betting Preview | 29th October
In our Leeds v Sheffield United betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats and facts, popular bets and more for Friday evening’s Championship fixture.
Leeds v Sheffield United Betting Preview
Venue: Elland Road
Watch: Sky Sports
Friday night sees third take on fourth in the Championship as Leeds host Sheffield United at Elland Road.
Leeds come into the game off the back of an impressive 3-0 win away to Bristol City last weekend which put an end to a run of 3 consecutive defeats in the league.
Leeds have lost just 1 of their 6 home leagues games so far this season, alongside 3 wins and 2 draws. During that run, Thomas Christiansen’s side have scored 10 goals and conceded just 3.
Sheffield United meanwhile will be in confident mood having won 8 of their last 10 league games, including their most recent two fixtures at home to both Ipswich (1-0) and Sheffield United (2-1).
A win for Chris Wilder will see his side move temporarily to the top of the table.
- Gaetano Berardi is suspended after being sent off in the 3-0 win over Bristol City.
- Simon Moore, Richard Stearman and Ched Evans are all out due to injury.
Potential Leeds Starting XI: Lonergan, Anita, Cooper, Jansson, Ayling, O’Kane, Vieira, Phillips, Sáiz, Lasogga, Alioski
Potential Sheffield United Starting XI: Blackman, O’Connell, Wright, Carter-Vickers, Stevens, Fleck, Duffy, Coutts, Baldock, Donaldson, Sharp
Stats & Facts
- There has been under 2.5 goals in 4 of the last 5 matches between the two sides.
- Since Chris Wilder took over in May 2016, Sheffield United have won more games (39) and more points (127) than any other English league side.
- Billy Sharp has scored 4 goals in his last 4 league starts against Leeds (2 for both Nottingham Forest and Doncaster Rovers).
Leeds 23/17, Draw 12/5, Huddersfield 12/5
- Both Teams To Score 13/15
- Both Teams To Score & Draw 39/10