Leicester v Stoke City Betting Preview | Saturday 24th February
In our Leicester v Stoke betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Saturday’s Premier League early kick-off.
Leicester City v Stoke City Betting Preview
Venue: King Power Stadium
Channel: Sky Sports Premier League
Stoke City will look to leapfrog their relegation rivals before Saturday’s three o’clock kick-offs as they visit Claude Puel’s Leicester City in the Premier League’s lunchtime fixture.
The Potters, who have never finished below 14th place since their promotion in 2008, find themselves in 19th position, two points adrift from safety.
Stoke have accumulated only 25 points from 27 games, which is their worst return in the Premier League.
Paul Lambert’s men will face a difficult task against a Leicester side who booked their place in the last eight of the FA Cup with a 1-0 victory over Sheffield United last Friday.
Leicester will be boosted by the performance in that game by Riyad Mahrez, who supplied a wonderful assist for Jamie Vardy’s winner.
The Algerian is set to start his first Premier League game for The Foxes since failing to land his dream move to Champions-elect Manchester City.
Leicester will hope their star winger will help to end a run of three league games without a victory while Paul Lambert will be desperate to register his second win as Stoke boss.
Leicester centre back Wes Morgan is expected to start for The Foxes after making his return from a hamstring injury in the FA Cup fifth round victory.
Japanese forward Shinji Okazaki remains sidelined with a knee injury.
Peter Crouch remains absent through injury but defender Bruno Martins Indi is available after missing the last three games.
Potential Leicester Starting XI: Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan, Maguire, Chilwell, Albrighton, James, Ndidi, Mahrez, Iheanacho, Vardy.
Potential Stoke Starting XI: Butland, Bauer, Zouma, Shawcross, Pieters, Allen, Fletcher, Ndiaye, Shaqiri, Choupo-Moting, Diouf.
Head To Head
- Leicester are unbeaten in the last five fixtures between the two sides, winning the last two games at the King Power stadium.
- Stoke have won only twice out of their last 29 trips to the King Power, most recently in January 2015.
Stats & Facts
- Jamie Vardy has scored in four successive Premier League games, his longest streak since breaking the Premier League record with and 11-game scoring run.
- Vardy has scored in his last two home fixtures against Stoke.
- Leicester are unbeaten in six games (winning four) at home since being knocked out of the Carabao Cup to league leaders Manchester City.
- Stoke have now gone eight away Premier League games without a win.
- Xherdan Shaqiri has scored in back-to-back Premier League games for the first time since joining the club.
- Teams managed by Paul Lambert have failed to score more than one goal in his last 22 Premier League away games in charge.
Leicester 4/6, Draw – 13/5, Stoke – 4/1
- Leicester to win to nil – 15/8
- Jamie Vardy to score and Leicester to win 1-0 – 12/1
- Leicester first goal; Leicester first free kick; Stoke first goal kick and Stoke first card – 8/1
- Shaqiri to score anytime – 4/1