Leicester v West Brom Betting Preview | 16th October
In our Leicester v West Brom betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Monday night’s Premier League match.
Leicester v West Brom Betting Preview
Venue: King Power Stadium
Channel: Sky Sports Premier League
Monday night football sees a struggling Leicester City play host to a West Brom team that has failed to win in their last five Premier League games.
Craig Shakespeare’s team have endured a difficult set of fixtures so far this term and currently sit in the relegation zone having played four of last season’s top six teams.
The Baggies have stuttered recently themselves, not winning in the last five games despite winning their first two.
A win for Leicester in front of their home fans would see them lift out of the drop zone while three points for Tony Pulis’ men would put them just one point behind Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.
Jamie Vardy has recovered from a hip problem and is expected to start upfront for the Foxes.
Robert Huth and Matty James are out injured for Leicester but midfielder Wilfred Ndidi and left-back Ben Chilwell have been declared fit despite fitness concerns.
West Bromich Albion have concerns over Nacer Chadli (back), James Morrison (calf) and Hal Robson-Kanu (muscle strain).
Potential Leicester Starting XI: Schmeichel, Simpson, Morgan, Maguire, Fuchs, Albrighton, Iborra, Ndidi, Gray, Okazaki, Vardy.
Potential West Brom Starting XI: Foster, Dawson, Hegazi, Evans, Gibbs, Krychowiak, Barry, Phillips, Brunt, Rodriguez, Rondon.
Head To Head
- West Brom have never lost at the King Power stadium.
- Leicester’s last home victory against Albion came in January 1994.
- The Baggies have registered a goal in each of their last 17 visits to Leicester, a run that stretches back to 1962.
Stats & Facts
- Leicester’s tally of five points from seven games is their joint-lowest return at this stage of a Premier League season. They were relegated on each of the previous three occasions.
- Both sides are winless in five league matches. The last time Leicester went six without a win Claudio Ranieri was sacked.
- West Brom are due a penalty, having gone 40 league games without one.
- Pulis’ men have only won one away game this calendar year, coming at Turf Moor in August.
Leicester 19/20, Draw – 5/2, West Brom – 3/1
- West Brom to win and both teams to score – 7/1
- Leicester to win 2-1 and Jamie Vardy to score – 12/1
- Leicester to win both halves – 5/1