Liverpool v Chelsea Betting Preview | 25th November
In our Liverpool v Chelsea betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Saturday evening’s Premier League encounter.
Liverpool v Chelsea Betting Preview
Channel: BT Sport 1
Liverpool host Premier League champions Chelsea on Saturday evening having not lost to the Blues for three years.
A win for the home side would mean leapfrogging Antonio Conte’s side in the league standings, while defeat for either side would effectively end any hopes of catching frontrunners Manchester City.
Jürgen Klopp’s team have had an extra day’s rest going into the game after both sides featured in the midweek Champions League fixtures.
The Reds were on the wrong side of an incredible European comeback in Spain as Sevilla fought back from three goals behind to snatch a late draw.
Chelsea had an easier time of it, winning comfortably in Azerbaijan against 10-man Qarabag by four goals to nil.
Joel Matip has a ‘big chance’ of returning to the Liverpool starting line up to ease their defensive woes, according to manager Jürgen Klopp.
Adam Lallana could also feature for the first time this season after recovering from a thigh injury he picked up in pre-season.
German midfielder Emre Can is struggling with a muscle problem and could miss out.
Conte will be boosted by the return of former Liverpool player Victor Moses after the Nigerian international has missed the last six weeks with a hamstring injury.
Michy Batshuayi (ankle) and Charly Musonda (knee) will both miss the trip to Anfield.
Potential Liverpool Starting XI: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Moreno, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Coutinho, Salah, Mane, Firmino.
Potential Chelsea Starting XI: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill, Zappacosta, Alonso, Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Hazard, Morata.
Head To Head
- Liverpool are unbeaten in the last five Premier League meetings between the two sides
- Chelsea’s last victory at Anfield came in 2014, with Diego Costa and Gary Cahill scoring to win the game after Emre Can had given Liverpool the lead.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last five league visits to Anfield, with their last defeat coming in a crushing 4-1 loss in May 2012.
- The last Liverpool manager to beat Chelsea in a home league game was Kenny Dalglish.
Stats & Facts
- Liverpool have yet to lose at Anfield this season and have lost only two games out of their previous 33 at home in the league, winning 20.
- The Reds have only conceded one home goal in the league so far this campaign.
- Since Klopp became manager in October 2015, Liverpool have the best head-to-head record against the current top 6, with 37 points from 22 games. Chelsea have the second best record.
- Former Chelsea player Mohammed Salah already has nine Premier League goals in 12 appearances. The Egyptian scored only two in 13 games for The Blues.
- Chelsea have won 10 out of their last 12 Premier League away games.
- Alvaro Morata has been involved in 12 goals from his 11 Premier League appearances this season, scoring eight and assisting four.
- Under Antonio Conte, Eden Hazard has scored in 16 different league games, with Chelsea going on to win every match.
Liverpool 11/10, Draw – 13/5, Chelsea – 12/5
- Liverpool to lead at 10 minutes – 6/1
- Chelsea to come from behind and win – 12/1
- Correct score 1-1 – 6/1
- Liverpool to score first and fail to win – 4/1
- Roberto Firmino to score and assist – 6/1