Liverpool v Manchester United Betting Preview | 14th October
In our Liverpool v Manchester United betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Friday’s Championship clash.
Liverpool v Manchester United Betting Preview
Liverpool and Manchester United lock horns again in the latest installment of their bitter rivalry at Anfield on Saturday lunchtime.
The pressure is on Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp heading into the game as they have won just one game in their last seven in all competitions and are currently seven points behind United in the table.
United go into the game in superb form having won six of their seven opening games and scoring 21 goals in the process.
However, this is seen as their first real test of their Premier League title credentials having not faced anyone above the top seven as yet.
Both sides will be looking to make a statement and earn bragging rights against their rivals and as ever it is sure to be fast and frenetic in arguably the biggest game in the Premier League calendar.
- Liverpool will be without Sadio Mane as he faces six weeks on the sidelines with a hamstring injury picked up on international duty with Senegal.
- Roberto Firmino is expected to come back into the starting XI after being named on the bench for the draw at Newcastle last time out.
- Midfielder Adam Lallana and full-back Nathaniel Clyne both remain unavailable for Jurgen Klopp’s men as they recover from thigh and back problems respectively.
- Manchester United are missing in-form midfielder Marouane Fellaini after he sustained knee ligament damage playing for Belgium during the international break.
- Fellaini joins fellow midfielder Paul Pogba on the sidelines meaning Ander Herrera could be handed a start in United’s engine room with Michael Carrick set to miss out with a calf problem.
- Phil Jones is expected to play despite being forced out of the England squad with a knee injury, while top scorer Romelu Lukaku will start despite concerns over a knock sustained on international duty.
Potential Liverpool Starting XI: Mignolet; Gomez, Matip, Lovren, Moreno; Can, Henderon, Wijnaldum Coutinho; Salah, Firmino
Potential Man Utd Starting XI: De Gea; Valencia, Jones, Bailly, Blind Herrera, Matic, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Lukaku
Head To Head
- Liverpool and Manchester United have met 171 times.
- Liverpool have won 56 times, Manchester United have won 68 times with 47 draws.
Stats & Facts
- Liverpool have failed to beat Manchester United in six Premier League games since since a 3-0 victory at Old Trafford in March 2014 (D2, L4).
- Jurgen Klopp has only lost once in seven competitive meetings with Jose Mourinho (W3, D3).
Liverpool – 9/5, Draw – 5/2, Man Utd – 9/5
- Under 2.5 goals – 41/40
- Draw 1-1 – 6/1