Liverpool v Porto Betting Preview | Tuesday 7th March
In our Liverpool v Porto betting preview we look at team news, potential lineups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for this Tuesday’s Champions League game.
Liverpool v Porto Betting Preview
Channel: BT Sport
Liverpool welcome the Portuguese league leaders to Anfield after they absolutely demolished them in Portugal, 0-5. Liverpool were on fire that day, especially their front three of Mane, Firmino and Mo Salah. Liverpool were priced at 11/8 before they put five past Porto in the first leg, and are priced extremely low at 11/20 for this one. Liverpool if they turn up once again, can give Porto another night from hell in the champions league. The Reds to win 5-0 again here is priced at 40/1, for those interested.
Liverpool head into this one on the back of a win against Newcastle United last Saturday and have won 5 of their last 6 games. Porto on the other hand are still unbeaten this season and have only dropped points on four occasions, and are 5 points clear at the top of the table. Having said that, given their performance against The Reds a couple of weeks ago, you can’t see them coming to Anfield and winning, but you can see them scoring this time especially with Liverpool’s defensive frailties.
Both teams saw plenty of goals in their champions league group stage games, with all but one of Liverpool’s seeing two or less goals with 5 of Porto’s last 7 champions league games seeing both teams score. In Porto’s last 6 in all competitions, three or more goals have been scored. Over 2.5 goals is priced at 13/20. My best bet for this game is a Liverpool win and over 2.5 goals at 11/10. This bet, in my opinion, presents extreme value, although I don’t expect Liverpool to roll Porto over for a second time.
Wijnaldum is a doubt for The Reds, with Telles and Aboubakar major doubts.
Potential Liverpool Starting XI: Karius, Lovren, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Robertson, Henderson, Can, Milner, Mane, Salah, Firmino
Potential Porto Starting XI: Jose, Ivan Marcano, Reyes, Felipe, Pereira, Herrera, Oliveira, Otavinho, Tiquinho, Brahimi, Marega
Head To Head
- Liverpool have won three of the last six, with two draws and one Porto win.
- Liverpool have scored in 4 of the 5 between the two teams.
Stats & Facts
- All but one of Liverpool’s UCL games have seen over 2.5 goals.
- Liverpool have scored 14 goals in their 4 UCL home games this season.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 11 UCL games.
- Over 2.5 goals in Porto’s last 6 games in all competitions.
- 5 of Porto’s 7 champions league games have seen both teams score.
- Liverpool 11/20
- Draw 16/5
- Porto 6/1
- Liverpool to score over 2.5 goals – 13/8
- Liverpool to win and over 2.5 goals – 11/10
- Liverpool to win over BTTS – 21/10
- Liverpool HT/FT – 6/5