Man City v Chelsea Betting Preview | Sunday 4th March
In our Man City v Chelsea betting preview we look at team news, potential lineups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Sunday’s Premier League clash.
Man City v Chelsea Betting Preview
Venue: Etihad Stadium
Channel: Sky Sports Football
After City’s most recent demolition of Arsenal, the gap between them and second placed United has stretched to 16 points, making the Sky Blues somewhat Champions elect with just around a month to go until they will surely be crowned the premier league champions. They are now 5 games away from winning the title, only if United carry on winning. On the other hand, Chelsea are two points adrift of the top four after they were beaten at Old Trafford last weekend, despite going a goal up. Chelsea have lost 3 of their last 4 games and in stark contrast to last season’s sensations, seem to be collapsing under manager Antonio Conte, with questions over his future. If Chelsea were to lose here, these doubts over the Italian boss will undoubtedly rise, sparking tension and conflict around the club as the season comes to a nervy end. If Chelsea were to miss out on the top four, especially after last season’s heroics, Conte will surely exit the door at Stamford Bridge because of the club’s recent history with managerial tenures.
From a betting point of view, goals are surely to be expected here, with Chelsea scoring on their travels to the other four teams in the top six. City have scored 2 or more goals in their last 13 home games meaning over 2.5 goals has landed in all of these home matches, stretching back to August. Chelsea’s games at the moment are also full of goals with both teams scoring and over 2.5 goals landing in 4 of their last 6 away games. I don’t expect City to roll over Chelsea here, like they did in their last 2 matches against Arsenal, scoring 6 goals without conceding. City at the Etihad Stadium have put 5 past Liverpool, 3 past Arsenal and 4 past Tottenham so the stats suggest a gola fest from the Sky Blues here. A great value but fairly risky bet here is City over 2.5 goals, as stats suggest it is likely. This is priced at 2/1. My best bet here is BTTS Over 2.5 goals or City to win and over 2.5 goals, priced at 11/10 and 5/4 respectively.
Fernandinho remains a doubt with Sterling hopeful of making the bench.
Possible Man City Starting XI: Ederson, Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Danilo, Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne, Sane, B. Silva, Aguero
Possible Chelsea Starting XI: Courtouis, Moses, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill, Alonso, Kante, Fabregas, Hazard, Willian, Morata
Stats & Facts
- City have scored 3 or more goals in 6 of their last 7 in the premier league.
- City have scored 2 or more in all but one of their home games this season (13 of 14 games).
- Man City have only kept 2 clean sheets in their last 9 at home.
- 8 of Chelsea’s last 9 games in all competitions have seen over 2.5 goals (7 of last 8 in league).
- BTTS Over 2.5 goals in 4 of Chelsea’s last 6 away games.
- BTTS in all of Chelsea’s away games against the so called ‘Top 6’.
- Over 2.5 goals in City’s last 13 home matches.
Head To Head
- Over 2.5 goals in 5 of the last 6.
- 9 of the last 11 matches have seen a first half goal.
- No draws in the last 6 games.
- BTTS Over 2.5 goals – 11/10
- Over 2.5 City goals – 2/1
- Man City win and over 2.5 goals – 5/4
City 4/7 Draw 10/3 Chelsea 5/1