Man City v West Ham Betting Preview | 3rd December
In our City v West Ham betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Sunday afternoon’s Premier League tie.
Man City v West Ham Betting Preview
Venue: Etihad Stadium
Channel: Sky Sports Main Event
Surprisingly, City got another win in midweek, albeit due to another injury time winner from England’s star man at the moment, Raheem Sterling. City were victorious against the Saints in midweek and continued their impressive form, whilst West Ham suffered another damaging defeat. The Hammers were demolished in the end by a struggling Everton side, with a Wayne Rooney hat-trick proving the crucial difference. West Ham’s form is rather depressing, especially for the Hammers’ fans – not only do they seem to lack leadership and a backbone on the pitch at the moment but they also aren’t being beaten difficulty. Their form doesn’t make for good reading: without a win in seven games and not keeping a clean sheet since their last victory, which was at home to Swansea in late September.
Looking for value in this tie is proving to be tricky, but I’ve found some in some unusual markets. Man City to score 2 or more goals in the first half is around evens with bet 365. I expect the home team to run riot here due to the sides’ stark contrast in form books. City will undoubtedly continue their winning run after back to back 2-1 narrow victories, although I fully expect them to score 4 or 5 here. City to score over 3.5 goals is evens, which presents some value. My longshot for this one is Aguero to score first and city to win 4-0 at 16/1.
Benjamin Mendy and John Stones are City’s only absentees. Carroll will be assessed as he missed the game at Everton with a jarred knee.
Possible Man City XI: Ederson, Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Delph, Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Aguero
Possible West Ham XI: Hart, Zabaleta, Reid, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Masuaku, Kouyate, Obiang, Lanzini, Arnautovic, Ayew
Stats & Facts
- City are on an 19 winning streak in all competitions.
- West Ham haven’t kept a clean sheet since at home to Swansea on 30th September.
- Man city have already scored 44 goals in the premier league this season.
Head To Head
- Played 98 – Man City 48, West Ham 33, 17 draws.
- There has been over 0.5 goals in 17 of the last 18 games between the sides.
- 13 of the last 16 games have had over 2.5 goals.
- West Ham have only won 8 times away to Manchester City.
City 1/12 Draw 10/1 West Ham 20/1
- Man City to win both halves – at 4/6
- Man City HT Result and over 1.5 first half goals – at 20/21
- Man City HT Result and BTTS in first half – No at 4/7