Man Utd v Bournemouth Betting Preview | 13th December
In our Man Utd v Bournemouth betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Wednesday night’s final Premier League fixture.
Manchester United v Bournemouth Betting Preview
Venue: Old Trafford
Manchester United need to bounce back against Bournemouth on Wednesday night after Sunday’s crushing derby defeat against their city rivals.
United lost 2-1 to Man City meaning they have now fallen 11 points adrift of Pep Guardiola’s unbeaten league leaders.
The Red Devil’s will be keen to put on an entertaining performance in front of their home fans after being largely outclassed by City.
Bournemouth survived a late scare in London on the weekend as Crystal Palace’s Christian Benteke squandered a stoppage time penalty which would have handed the Eagles all three points.
A point proved a decent result for the Cherries in a game which saw England stalwart Jermain Defoe return to scoring form.
The 35-year-old scored a brace including an unstoppable, Van-Basten-esque volley which looped over the despairing outstretched arm of Julian Speroni and into the Palace goal.
The draw in South London means that Bournemouth have now gone four Premier League games without a victory as they go into this tough match at Old Trafford hovering just three points above the relegation zone.
Manchester United will again be without key man Paul Pogba, who is serving the second of his three match ban.
Marouane Fellaini is in contention after recovering from a knee injury while Argentinean defender Marcus Rojo will face a late fitness test.
Bournemouth defender Adam Smith returns from his suspension while Adam Federici, Brad Smith and Tyrone Mings are all sidelined with injury.
Potential Man United Starting XI: De Gea, Valencia, Lindelof, Smalling, Rojo, Young, Matic, Herrera, Mata, Rashford, Lukaku.
Potential Bournemouth Starting XI: Begovic, Smith, Cook, Ake, Daniels, Stanislas, Cook, Surman, Fraser, King, Defoe.
Head To Head
- Manchester United are unbeaten in home games against Bournemouth, winning five out of six.
- Bournemouth have scored in all four of their Premier League games.
- Romelu Lukaku’s last appearance against Bouremouth saw the Belgian score four goals while playing for Everton last season. The Toffees won the game 6-3.
Stats & Facts
- Manchester City are the only side to have beaten United at Old Trafford since February 2016, doing so twice.
- United haven’t lost in consecutive home matches since January 2014.
- Jose Mourinho has never lost consecutive home matches as a manager.
- The Portuguese has yet to beat Bournemouth in a home game.
- Marcus Rashford has been involved in 11 goals from 12 home games this season, scoring six and assisting five.
- Bournemouth are unbeaten in their last four away games in the league.
- However, they have gone four games without a victory in the Premier League, drawing three and losing one.
- Bournemouth have dropped 10 points from winning positions this season, with only Newcastle (11) dropping more.
Man Utd – 1/4, Draw – 5/1, Bournemouth – 11/1
- Romelu Lukaku to score first and Man Utd to win 2-0 – 14/1
- Both teams to score –Evens
- Man Utd to come from behind to win – 7/1