Man Utd v CSKA Moscow Betting Preview | 5th December
In our Man Utd v CSKA Moscow betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Tuesday night’s final Champions League group match.
Manchester United v CSKA Moscow Betting Preview
Venue: Old Trafford
But for a huge defeat, Manchester United are all but through to the last 16 of this year’s Champions League competition.
A point against the Russians will confirm the Red Devil’s spot as Group A winners.
CSKA are still hopeful of progressing and will do so if they better FC Basel’s result away to Benfica.
United will be confident of a positive result having won the reverse fixture by four goals to one in Moscow.
United will start Frenchman Paul Pogba after the midfielder received red for a nasty challenge on Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin.
The club opted not to appeal the red card so this will be Pogba’s last match before beginning a three-game domestic ban.
Nemanja Matic will likely miss out and there may be a rare place in the starting line-up for Luke Shaw.
Mourinho confirmed in his press conference that Michael Carrick, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, David De Gea and Marouane Fellaini will all be left out.
Potential Man United Starting XI: Romero, Shaw, Lindelof, Smalling, Darmian, Pogba, Herrera, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Rashford.
Potential CSKA Moscow Starting XI: Akinfeev, Berezutski, Vasin, Ignashevich, Natcho, Fernandes, Nababkin, Dzagoev, Golovin, Vitinho, Wernbloom.
Head To Head
- CSKA have failed to beat Man United in their five previous games against the English club, drawing two and losing three.
- They have also failed to keep a clean sheet in any of those games.
Stats & Facts
- United have lost only two of their last 48 home Champions’ League group stage matches.
- CSKA have won both of their away group matches in this season’s competition, both by a 2-1 score line.
- A point would mean Manchester United would qualify for the knockout stages for the first time in four seasons.
- CSKA Moscow’s last venture into the group stages was 2011/12, when they eventually got knocked out to Real Madrid.
Man U – 2/5, Draw – 7/2, CSKA – 7/1
- Marcus Rashford to score first – 6/1
- Man Utd to win 2-0 – 13/2