Man Utd v Derby Betting Preview | 5th January 2018
In our Manchester United v Derby betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats and facts, popular bets and more for Friday evening’s FA Cup fixture.
Man Utd v Derby Betting Preview
Venue: Old Trafford
Manchester United will be hosting Derby in this FA Cup Third Round fixture and Jose Mourinho will almost certainly be avoiding a giant-killing in this one, following their shock 2-1 defeat to Bristol City. However, Manchester United have not been in the best of form within recent times, securing only one win within their last five fixtures. Therefore, United will most probably use this fixture to kick-start a good run of form within the league.
However, Derby County will be no pushovers. At the time of writing, Derby sit second within the Championship and are in relatively good form, as they are unbeaten within seven. Therefore, Derby will be able to offer some healthy competition as they take on Mourinho’s men this Friday.
- Ashley Young will not feature for Man United as he is enduring his ban for violent conduct.
- In addition to this, Ibrahimovic, Valencia and Fellaini all remain injured.
- Joe Ledley of Derby is likely not to feature due to injury.
Potential Manchester United Starting XI: De Gea; Lindelof, Rojo, Jones, Shaw; Herrera, Pogba, Matic; Lingard, Martial, Rashford
Potential Derby Starting XI: Carson; Baird, Keogh, Davies, Forsyth; Huddlestone, Johnson; Russell, Vydra, Weimann; Nugent
Stats & Facts
- Jose Mourinho has only won the FA Cup once in 2007 with Chelsea.
- In 10 meetings with Manchester United, Derby have never beaten the Red Devils.
Manchester United ¼, Draw 4/1, Derby 10/1
- Over 4.5 goals – 9/2
- Double result – Man United/ Draw – 18/1