Man Utd v Stoke City Betting Preview | 15th January
In our Man Utd v Stoke betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Monday evening’s Premier League clash.
Man Utd v Stoke City Betting Preview
Date: 15th January
Channel: Sky Sports Premier League
Stadium: Old Trafford
Manchester United return to Old Trafford this week after a training camp in Dubai, and Jose Mourinho’s men will be looking to build on the 2-0 win away at Everton at the start of 2018
After losing to Coventry in the FA Cup last week, Stoke have parted ways with long time manager Mark Hughes, who can have no complaints as Stoke currently sit 18th in the Premier League. Eddie Niedzwiecki is caretaker manager for the game, and there would have been easier assignments for him in his first game.
The January transfer window is open and the rumours of a potential United move for Alexis Sanchez are rife, however United fans will be more interested in seeing a consistent run out from the stars they already have. Anthony Martial has been superb this season, but he needs to be playing 90 minutes week in week out. Luke Shaw has looked superb since coming back into the side, and fans will be desperate too see something more from Lukaku. His goal return since joining United hasn’t been bad at all, but his link up play with the rest of the team has been disjointed at times and it looks as if they are playing at different paces.
This should be an easy 3 points against a completely disjointed Stoke team, and a few goals will help keep the atmosphere friendly at Old Trafford, which has turned a bit sour in the latter part of December.
- Eric Bailly and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are both out through injury for United, whilst Ashley Young is still suspended. Valencia is still doubtful, as is Michael Carrick who is nearing match fitness.
- Stoke are missing Martins Indi who is injured, whilst Shawcross, Johnson, & Pieters are all doubtful.
Manchester United Potential Starting XI – De Gea; Lindelof, Jones, Smalling, Shaw; Matic, Pogba; Martial, Lingard, Mata; Lukaku
Stoke City Starting XI – Butland; Bauer, Cameron, Zouma, Wimmer; Fletcher, Allen; Diouf, Shaqiri, Choupo-Moting; Crouch
Stats & Facts
- United have lost only 1 of their last 28 home league matches.
- Stoke haven’t won away from home in their last 6 Premier League attempts.
- Stoke have won 1 of their last 8 in all competitions.
Manchester United 2/9 Draw 6/1 Stoke 14/1
- BTTS No 7/10
- Lukaku to score 2 or more 21/10