Estimated to have 1.1 billion followers, Manchester United is one of the most followed and successful football clubs worldwide and in England respectively. From the Premier League to the Champions League, as well as the FA Cup, we go the numerous Manchester United betting opportunities in this article.
- Best Betting Sites We Recommend for Betting on Manchester United
- Best Betting Sites for Manchester United Betting – Top 5 Ranked
- Manchester United Upcoming Matches
- Manchester United Squad for 2021/2022 Season
- Premier League Outright Manchester United Betting Odds
- Manchester United’s Recent Premier League History
- Manchester United Champions League Outright Betting Odds
- Manchester United Champions League History & Stats
- Other Competitions Manchester United Compete in
- Manchester United Betting FAQs
- ThePuntersPage Final Say
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £10 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days, no cashout. Get 3x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. Plus 100 Free Spins. 100 Free Spins have no wagering. Bonuses and Spins expire in 7 days. Card payments only. Please Gamble Responsibly. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
18+ Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
• New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit, and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative price Evens+) within 7 days of registration. • First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto, and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. • Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
T&Cs APPLY, 18+ ONLY
New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. First bet on a Football multiple with 3+ selections. Overall odds: 3.00 (2/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. Debit card deposits only. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 18+ Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org #ad
Best Betting Sites for Manchester United Betting – Top 5 Ranked
#1 – Paddy Power
#2 – BetVictor
#3 – bet365
#4 – Betfred
#5 – Betway
Apart from these top 5 betting sites, there are many others which offer risk-free bets, free bet promotions and other sign-up promotions. There are also plenty who provide regular offers on big matches involving Manchester United as well as other teams, together with general promotions on sports and football in particular.
Manchester United Upcoming Matches
The most pressing goal for the Red Devils now will be to secure a top 4 finish in this Premier League season and ensure participation in next year's Champions League. If that goal is deemed to be out of reach, then they will want to secure the 5th place to at least play in the Europa League next season.
Their biggest competitors for 4th place at the moment are Arsenal, West Ham and Tottenham. Wolves could possibly be considered too if they can gain a few points over the competition in the coming gameweeks.
|Team||Odds on a Top 4 finish||Bookmaker|
The following matches will be crucial to determine whether Manchester United make it or not.
02/04/2022 – Home vs Leicester City
09/04/2022 – Away vs Everton
16/04/2022 – Home vs Norwich City
19/04/2022 – Away vs Liverpool
23/04/2022 – Away vs Arsenal
02/05/2022 – Home vs Brentford
07/05/2022 – Away vs Brighton
15/05/2022 – Home vs Chelsea
22/05/2022 – Away vs Crystal Palace
In reality, United cannot afford to lose any points, especially since Arsenal and Tottenham have got a game in hand at the moment.
Home Match Predictions
Manchester United haven't lost a home game in 5 league matches, and will try to continue that run as far as possible.
- Leicester are surprisingly far off the top of the table and have a negative goal difference. Key striker Jamie Vardy is back to the side, and will be eager to steer the Foxes back to winning ways. Leicester could possibly be having their UEFA Conference League quarter-final just a few days after, so they might consider resting some key players ahead of the match, especially since they have little chance of achieving a top 5 finish. It's important to note that Leicester have won all the last 3 matches they played against United.
- When facing Norwich and Brentford, United should be sure to win since those two fixtures are the easiest left for them on paper.
- The last home match against Chelsea comes right before the final match of the season, and could prove pivotal in the race for European football next year. Chelsea have not won against Man Utd at Old Trafford since Mata (nowadays playing for United) scored a late winner for the Blues in May 2013.
Away Match Predictions
United failed to win in more than half their away matches this season. Their remaining away matches are all very important ones, and Ralf Rangnick will be hoping for full concentration and fitness levels when facing matches on the road.
- First off is the match against Frank Lampard's Everton. This will surely be a tough one since Everton are currently battling relegation, and will do anything to avoid facing the drop for the first time since 1951. Having one of the worst away records, they will want to be sure they don't drop points when playing at Goodison Park.
- Liverpool will be doing their utmost to keep up the pressure on league leaders Manchester City. Man Utd haven't won a league match at Anfield since 2016, and in the form that both teams are in at the moment, it is seemingly less likely to happen this time round – especially keeping in mind that, the last time these two met, the score was 5-0 and 4-2 in Liverpool's favour.
- Just 5 days after, the Devils travel to London to face Arsenal, who are in direct competition with United for the top spots. Arsenal have only lost one of their last 10 matches, and that was against Manchester City. They have recently been playing some good football, and the results have shown that. Manchester United will need to work hard to block out the attacking threat of players like Bukayo Saka and Gabriel Martinelli, who have been scoring and providing assists frequently.
- Brighton haven't won at home in 2022 yet, and have been struggling both in keeping a clean sheet and scoring when playing in front of their home crowd. This one should not be a risky fixture for the men in red.
- Last but not least, the final match of the season will be against Crystal Palace. Man Utd have a very good away record against Palace, but this season, under Patrick Vieira, the Eagles have proven they are a difficult team to score against. Manchester City were in fact held to a goalless draw at Selhurst Park. We'll have to wait and see what Cristiano Ronaldo and the rest of United attack will be able to do when they visit.
Manchester United Squad for 2021/2022 Season
Premier League Outright Manchester United Betting Odds
Below are the best value odds available at the time of writing.*
|Tottenham Hotspur||2500/1||William Hill|
*Odds are subject to change.
Given their current position in the league, the odds of Manchester United winning the league are very close to impossible. With the number of matches left, it would be a miracle if all the sides above them in the table lose out on so many points that Manchester United get to leapfrog them all by the end of the season.
Manchester United’s Recent Premier League History
Out of all teams, Manchester United has won the league title the most times – 20 in total. This is one more than their greatest rivals, Liverpool. 13 of those titles came in the Premier League era (since 1992), all coming under the leadership of legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson. The latter claimed the Premier League ‘Manager of the Season' award 12 times during his prolonged spell at United.
- The last Premier League title Man Utd claimed came in the 2012/13 season, and they are the only team to have won the title 3 consecutive times (and manage the feat twice!)
Since their heydays under Sir Alex Ferguson, Manchester United have struggled to find the required consistency to even challenge other teams such as Manchester City and Chelsea to win the Premier League again.
After 27 years of stability, they have changed their manager 3 times in 5 years. David Moyes, Louis Van Gaal and Jose Mourinho have all tried to steer the Red Devils back to success, but they could only muster a second place finish with 19 points off the lead, at best.
Ole Takes the Wheel
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer then stepped in for the reds as a caretaker manager after the management sacked Jose Mourinho in December 2018, following one of the worst starts to a season for the club with just 7 wins out of 17 matches. Solskjaer managed to revive the fans’ hopes of ending the season within the top 4 – however, they missed out after a poor run in the final 5 matches, failing to win in each one.
During the 2019/20 season, the club invested in valuable reinforcements to the team in centre-back Harry Maguire, right back Aaron Wan-Bissaka over the summer, as well as attacking midfielder Bruno Fernandes during the January transfer window for a total of more than £170 million.
They managed to reduce the number of goals conceded and started scoring more, especially in front of the home fans at Old Trafford. Bruno Fernandes instantly became a reference point for the team as he scored 8 goals for the team that season, despite joining halfway through it.
In the 2020/21 season, Manchester United managed to finish the closest to the eventual Premier League champions following the end of Sir Alex Ferguson's era. However, ending 12 points behind the champions, Manchester City can hardly be considered as challengers for the title. Despite having brought in experienced striker Edinson Cavani and hard-working Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek, City were still not scoring enough goals to get them past tough opponents.
All losses came in front of the home crowd – or lack of one, since most matches were played behind closed doors due to the pandemic. The team suffered 6 home losses, making it the second worst season in the past 15 seasons.
However, Manchester United managed to gain the most points – 43 points – from away games compared to the past 15 seasons, after not losing away a single time – something which had only ever been achieved by Arsenal in the 2001/02 and 2003/04 seasons.
In fact, they managed to set the Premier League record for the longest unbeaten away run. The string of 29 unbeaten away matches came to an end against Leicester City on Saturday 16th October 2021, when they lost 4-2 to the Foxes at the King Power Stadium.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s Return to Old Trafford
Most recently, the team purchased one of the best football players to ever grace the game – Cristiano Ronaldo – from Italian giants Juventus. Despite his age, Cristiano has proved he can still play at the highest levels and produce moments of sheer brilliance. His addition to the team will hopefully bring along more goal-scoring opportunities, and has increased the fans’ hopes of making this the year they can finally make their way back to winning the Premier League.
Ralf Rangnick is Appointed Manager
After sacking Ole, United turned to Michael Carrick as interim manager until they got German coach Ralf Rangnick to sit on the Red Devils' bench. Since joining, there have been questions about his style of management; that said, he has managed to keep the losses to a minimum. Despite this, many feel that United have not been playing up to the standard they should be at, especially after having strengthened the squad with the likes of Raphael Varane and Jadon Sancho.
After being knocked out of the Champions League by Atletico Madrid, Man Utd have no chance of winning any of the competition they have competed in this year, which means their trophy draught continues.
Manchester United Latest* Home Premier League Stats
|2018/19 Season||2019/20 Season||2020/21 Season|
|Home Win Ratio||53%||53%||47%|
|Average Goals Scored at Home||1.73||2.11||2.00|
|Average Goals Conceded at Home||1.32||0.89||1.47|
|Average Points at Home||1.89||1.95||1.63|
Manchester United Latest* Away Premier League Stats
|2018/19 Season||2019/20 Season||2020/21 Season|
|Away Win Ratio||47%||42%||63%|
|Average Goals Scored Away||1.68||1.37||1.84|
|Average Goals Conceded Away||1.53||1.00||0.84|
|Average Points Away||1.58||1.53||2.26|
Manchester United Latest* Overall Premier League Stats
|2018/19 Season||2019/20 Season||2020/21 Season|
|Average Goals Scored||1.71||1.74||1.92|
|Average Goals Conceded||1.42||0.95||1.16|
Surprisingly, the only club which Manchester United don’t have a positive record against are the newly promoted side Brentford. The two have only met in 5 seasons, with the record standing at 4 wins for the Red Devils, 4 wins for Brentford, and 2 draws – they are even tied on the goal difference from those matches.
As for the other teams, the stats speak for themselves. Historically speaking, the team which has given the Reds the hardest time has been the team they’ve played against the most – Arsenal. They have faced each other in more than 200 matches, with Arsenal managing to get a win in 35% of them.
The team with the largest draw ratio in matches played against Manchester United are Leeds United, with 34.7% of the Premier League matches ending in a draw.
The team against which Man Utd have the best record is Watford. Both clubs have met 26 times, with Man Utd taking the 3 points 18 times (69.2%).
Unsurprisingly, the team against which Man Utd have the worst win ratio is Liverpool, with the Red Devils emerging victorious in 38.6% of the matches played.
Against rivals Manchester City, Man Utd currently enjoy a comfortable historic advantage, winning 65 to City's 47. Interestingly, the all-time goal difference between these two sits at 11 goals in United’s favour, which makes it the smallest goal difference advantage Man Utd have when compared to all other clubs.
Liverpool is second best with 12, while Aston Villa have the worst goal difference of all, with 85 goals fewer than the number United have scored against them.
Note: We recommend using KickForm for football tips, predictions and odds.
Manchester United Champions League Outright Betting Odds
Manchester United have been knocked out of this season's Champions League. We will update this section with the latest odds and predictions for next year's Champions League when they are available.
Manchester United Champions League History & Stats
Since the start of the Champions League (or European Cup as it was initially known) in the 1955/56 season, Manchester United have participated in 29 editions. They are also the second-best English team in the competition after Liverpool, having made it to the final 5 times and winning it on 3 occasions.
Moreover, they impressively made it to the quarter-finals 66% of the times they competed.
That said, since teams such as Chelsea, Tottenham and even Leicester City have managed to finish the Premier League season in the top 4 positions, Man Utd have missed out on three editions after failing to qualify in the 2014/15, 2016/17 and 2019/20 seasons.
Champions League Statistics (till 2021/22 Season)
- Champions League Matches Played - 294 matches
- UCL Matches Won by Man Utd - 160 (55%)
- UCL Matches Drawn by Man Utd - 69 (24%)
- UCL Matches Lost by Man Utd - 64 (22%)
The last time United won the title was in the 2007/08 season, when they faced Chelsea in an all-English final. The match ended 1-1 and proceeded to a nail-biting penalty shootout, which saw Cristiano Ronaldo and John Terry both fail a penalty. Eventually, Nicolas Anelka saw his effort saved by Dutch goalkeeper Edwin Van Der Sar.
The club’s top goalscorers in the UCL have been Ruud Van Nistelrooy with 38 goals, Wayne Rooney with 34 goals and Ryan Giggs with 29 goals. This is from a total of 96 different scorers who have worn the United shirt over the years.
Other Competitions Manchester United Compete in
Apart from the Premier League and UEFA Champions League, Manchester United also compete in the EFL Cup (also known as the Carabao Cup) and the FA Cup.
In addition, they have managed to win the FA Cup 12 times and have an average of 1.8 goals scored per match across all the 471 matches contested in this tournament. They also have an impressive record of 2.07 goals on average in every home match played.
When it comes to the League Cup, the Reds have won it 5 times in total after reaching the final 9 times in all. They carried over the same scoring prowess from the FA Trophy, and in fact have a 2.07 goal average for every home match played in the League Cup. Their win ratio is 72% at home, 45% away and 58% overall.
Manchester United Betting FAQs
Manchester United have won a total of 20 top-flight titles, 7 of which came before the Premier League era started.
Manchester United have won 3 Champions League editions – in 1968, 1999 and 2008.
In the past 5 years, United have played 95, won 52 (54.7%), drew 29 (30.5%) and lost 14 (14.7%).
In the past 5 years, they have played 95, won 49 (51.6%), drew 24 (25.3%) and lost 22 (23.2%).
ThePuntersPage Final Say
Upon inspecting the statistics from the competitions, one thing is very apparent. Old Trafford has been a fortress for Manchester United, and players throughout the years have given all they’ve got for the team in that stadium. They are strongest when their fans are backing them, and they prove to be very difficult opponents for any team playing against them, regardless of form and calibre.
Betting on Manchester United is always a risky move, but we suggest you make the best use of the home advantage whenever possible, especially now that fans are back where they belong – in the stadium.