Napoli v Man City Betting Preview | 1st November
In our Napoli v Manchester City betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head to head, popular bets and more for Wednesday’s Champions League fixture.
Napoli v Man City Champions League Betting Preview
Venue: Stadio San Paolo
Watch: BT Sport
Manchester City can secure qualification to the Champions League knockout stages with a win over Napoli on Wednesday as they look to make it four wins out of four in Group F.
City got the better of Napoli two weeks ago with a hard-fought 2-1 victort at the Etihad Stadium with Pep Guardiola admitting Napoli were one of the best sides he had ever come up against.
Napoli are currently third in Group F and cannot afford another defeat if they are to keep alive their hopes of reaching the last 16 of Europe’s premier competition.
Napoli are boosted by the fact that this come into this game against City in good form sitting three points clear at the top of Serie A and were unlucky not to at least earn a draw from the first meeting between the two clubs when they missed a penalty.
With both of these sides in such a rich vein of form it should be another entertaining encounter at the San Paolo with goals on the menu as both teams boast formidable attacking options.
- Manchester City have no fresh injury concerns to deal with, but they will still be without captain Vincent Kompany, who is expected to return to action after the next international break and long-term injury absentee Benjamin Mendy.
- Raheem Sterling is expected to return to the starting line-up after coming off the bench to score against West Brom at the weekend, while Pep Guardiola must decide if he should play Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus together up front or just play with a lone striker.
- Napoli rested the likes of Kalidou Koulibaly, Amadou Diawara and Piotr Zielinski for Sunday’s Serie A win over Sassulo and they should return to the starting XI.
- The Italians have no other injury worries with only long-term absentee Arkadiusz Milik sidelined.
Potential Napoli Starting XI (4-3-3- Formation) – Reina; Maggio, Albiol, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Zielinski, Diawara, Hamsik; Callejon, Mertens, Insigne
Potential Manchester City Starting XI (4-3-3 Formation) – Ederson; Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Delph; De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva; Sterling, Sane, Jesus
Stats & Facts
- Manchester City have won all their away games this season.
- Napoli have won 8 of their last 10 games in all competitions
Napoli beat Man City 2-1 at the San Paolo in 2011 in the Champions League.
Head To Head
Napoli wins 1, Man City wins 1, draws 1
Napoli 9/5, Draw 29/10, Man City 6/4
- Over 3.5 goals 6/5
- Man City draw no bet 4/5
- Man City win and BTS – 13/5