Newcastle v Man City Betting Preview | 26th December
In our Newcastle v Man City betting preview we look at team news, potential lineups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for this Premier League tie.
Newcastle v Man City Betting Preview
Venue: St James’ Park
Channel: Sky Sports Main Event
Newcastle’s next challenge to get some points on the board in the premier league is against Manchester City – a team currently on a 17 game win streak and scoring plenty of goals. Newcastle haven’t defeated the Sky Blues since 2005 in the premier league, and the fact that they have lost their last 4 home games doesn’t bode well. Having said that, their impressive performance away to West Ham on saturday merited their much needed three points and this will give them some encouragement to test the league leaders here.
The visitors head into this game 13 points clear of their arch rivals and nearest premier league team, which is the largest lead in top flight history. To me, this all but ensures the title for Guardiola’s men, and the odds of 1/66 for them to do might just mirror that point too. They are not just winning games, they are playing some of the best football, both attacking and defensively, the world of football has ever seen and they look on course to beat the premier league goal scoring record with 60 goals already this season (19 ahead of Liverpool who have scored second most). They are also currently top of the standings for most goals scored outside of the penalty area, with 9 goals and have had the most shots with 341, 146 of which on target.
Mitrovic remains out whilst Mendy and Stones are city’s most important absentees, added to young kid Phil Foden’s unfortunate recent ligament injury.
Shelvey returns from suspension.
Potential Newcastle Starting XI: Elliot, Yedlin, Lascelles, Leujene, Manquillo, Ritchie, Merino, Hayden, Atsu, Joselu, Gayle
Potential Man City Starting XI: Ederson, Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Delph, Silva, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Aguero
Stats & Facts
- The toon haven’t won at home in 4 games, losing 3 of these ‘To Nil’.
- Over 2.5 goals in 6 of Newcastle’s last 8, and all of City’s last 7.
- City have scored 4 goals in their last 3, and 60 goals thus far in the league.
- City haven’t lost away in the league since April 2017, to Chelsea.
- Man City have been winning at half-time in their last 4 games.
Head To Head
- Over 0.5 first half goals in 17 of the last 18 in the premier league.
- Under 2.5 goals in the last 4 games between the 2 at St James’ Park.
- Man city HT/FT – 4/6
- City win to nil – 1/1
- Over 2.5 Newcastle corners – 8/13
- Over 2.5 city goals – 5/6
Newcastle 12/1 Draw 23/4 City 1/4