Newcastle v Man Utd Betting Preview | Sunday 11th February
In our Newcastle v Man Utd betting preview we look at team news, potential lineups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for this Premier League tie.
Newcastle v Man Utd Betting Preview
Venue: St James’ Park
Channel: Sky Sports Football
United travel to St James’s park with recent success in this fixture and on the back of a fantastic run of wins without conceding. In fact, United have won 4 of their last 5 games in the league without conceding proving their defence is finally bonding together and forming a brick wall in front of one of, if not the best, goalkeeper in the league in David De Gea. Newcastle are finding it very difficult to hit the back of the net in their latest premier league season, not scoring more than one goal since mid December. To be exact, they have only scored more than one in 4 of their last 21 premier league games. Despite this, the Toon have scored in all of their last five games. You’d expect United to score one or two here, so BTTS looks good given Newcastle’s goal scoring form lately and this is priced at 19/20 with bet365. A safer bet would over 0.5 first half goals, landing in 8 of the last 11 in this tie, priced at 2/5.
Man Utd’s gap to their arch rivals Man City at the top of the table is dependent on their result on Leicester City this weekend, but it is possible for The Red Devils to close the gap to 10 points. Yet, a slip up here for Mourinho’s men here could see Liverpool stand behind by only two points, if they were to win at Southampton after this game. United have won just under half of the games played between these two English giants and will be heading into this one very confident. My best bet for this one presenting extremely good value is United to win to nil at 8/5 which has landed in 4 of their last 5 games.
Slimani is in line for his debut for Newcastle.
Potential Newcastle Starting XI: Darlow, Manquillo, Lascelles, Clark, Haidara, Shelvey, Hayden, Ritchie, Atsu, Perez, Slimani
Potential Man Utd Starting XI: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Matic, Herrera, Pogba, Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku
- Stats & facts
- BTTS in 5 of Newcastle’s last 6 games.
- Under 2.5 goals in all of Newcastle’s last 5 premier league home games.
- Under 1.5 Newcastle goals in 17 of the their last 21 premier league games.
- BTTS – No in all United’s last 8 games.
- United have only failed to score away at Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs so far this season.
- United have won 4 of their last 5 games to nil.
Head To Head
- Under 1.5 Newcastle goals in 6 of the last 7.
- The Toon have only won 2 of the last 31.
- Over 0.5 first half goals in 8 of the last 11.
- Over 2.5 United goals in 3 of their last 4 visits.
- Over 2.5 match goals in 8 of the last 11 games.
- United have won just under 50% of all the games in the past.
- United win to nil – 8/5
- Over 1.5 United goals – 4/5
Newcastle 5/1 Draw 3/1 United 4/6