PSG v Real Madrid Betting Preview | Tuesday 7th March
In our PSG v Real Madrid betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Tuesday’s Champions League clash.
PSG v Real Madrid Betting Preview
Venue: Parc de Princes
Channel: BT Sport
PSG will have to come back from a two goal deficit they suffered in Madrid if they are to progress in this years champions league. It is going to take some doing, considering Madrid’s 3 victories of the competitions in the last 4 seasons. A tie that could have quite easily have been the final may have already been decided in just the first leg of the tie.
Both teams to score seems to be the most nailed on bet for this game but having said that 1/3 does not offer any value whatsoever. Real Madrid’s recent history in this competition is phenomenal, and PSG have got a huge task ahead of them to progress, and I fully expect Madrid to perform again here in the French capital. Madrid to score 2 or more goals is just below evens here which seems like a great bet. Madrid’s form, however, in La Liga is relatively poor for their standards. They sit in third, 15 points behind the leaders and arch-rivals Barcelona. They have lost 5 games compared to Barcelona’s 0. PSG on the other hand are flying in Ligue 1, rather expectedly, and sit 14 points clear. This is largely down to £198 million man Neymar, who is unfortunately injured for the remained of the season, with his fitness for the World Cup in doubt.
This is a game that promises plenty of drama, goals and tackles. With that said, from a betting perspective it is a tough one because the bets that seem nailed on are extremely poor value. My best bet for this one is BTTS over 2.5 goals at 1/2 but a bet with more value that I fancy is Ronaldo to score anytime at 10/11.
PSG’s starman Neymar is out for around three months with an ankle injury.
Potential PSG Starting XI: Areola, Alves, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Yuri, Veratti, Rabiot, Celso, Cavani, Mpabbe, Draxler
Potential Madrid Starting XI: Navas, Nacho, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Kroos, Modric, Bale, Ronaldo, Isco, Benzema
Head To Head
- Madrid have never lost to PSG.
- The 4 previous encounters before the first leg (3-1 Madrid) saw under 1.5 goals in all of them and No BTTS.
- PSG actually went ahead in the first leg, before conceding three goals at the Bernabeu.
Stats & Facts
- All of PSG’s games in the UCL this season have seen over 2.5 goals.
- Man City are the only team to stop PSG scoring in their last 21 UCL games and only Madrid have stopped PSG scoring in their last 29 UCL home games (October 2015).
- PSG have scored in 56 of their last 58 home games in all competitions.
- BTTS Over 2.5 goals in 9 of Madrid’s last 11 games.
- Madrid have scored in their last 23 UCL games.
- PSG 19/20
- Draw 6/5
- Madrid 13/5
- Over 2.5 goals and BTTS – 1/2
- Ronaldo to score anytime – 10/11
- Madrid over 1.5 team goals – 10/11
- Over 3.5 goals – 8/11
- BTTS Over 2.5 goals – 1/2