Reading v Sheffield United Betting Preview | Tuesday 27th February
In our Reading v Sheffield United betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Tuesday evening’s Championship clash.
Reading v Sheffield United Betting Preview
Venue: Madejski Stadium
Goals have been consistent in fixtures involving Reading and Sheffield United ahead of their fixture Tuesday night, even if form hasn’t
Reading stagger into this fixture after conceding another 3 goals in a 3-3 draw against high-flying Derby County to continue their miserable run of form at present.
That’s four matches without a win for Reading, conceding eight goals, who find themselves positioned in 18th.
Sheffield United suffered their third defeat in six matches in their last fixture, 1-0 to relegation threatened Hull, taking it to six games without a clean-sheet for the Blades.
Billy Sharp has been in fine form recently however, and helped his side with both goals in a 2-1 victory over Leeds prior to a second 2-1 victory over QPR, but has been playing second fiddle in attack this season.
Leon Clarke is the league’s current second highest scorer having netted 15 goals.
Reading should welcome back Chris Martin after he missed the fixture against parent club Derby while John Swift returned in that fixture after injury.
The Blades may be without striker James Wilson and midfielders David Brooks and Ricky Holmes who were all missing for the last fixture.
Potential Reading Starting XI: Mannone, Gunter, Tiago Llori, Richards, Bacuna, Kelly, Aluko, Clement, Barrow, Martin
Potential Sheffield Utd Starting XI: Blackman, O’Connell, Stearman, Basham, Stevens, Fleck, Lundstram, Leonard, Duffy, Sharp, Clarke
Stats & Facts
- Reading have kept just 1 clean-sheet in their previous 14 league fixtures while Sheffield United have kept just 1 clean-sheet in their previous 9.
- The home side have won just once in their previous 13 league fixtures.
- Sheffield United have a 50% win rate, 50% loss rate and 50% scoring rate in their previous six league fixtures.
- In the previous fixture between these two sides, the result finished 2-1.
Head To Head
- Reading have beaten Sheffield United 12 times in 27 meetings, with 5 draws.
Reading – 23/10, Draw – 23/10, Sheffield Utd – 11/8
- Both teams to score – 5/6
- Over 2.5 goals – 23/20