Sheffield United v Bristol City Betting Preview | 8th December
In our Blades v Bristol City betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for the Championship tie.
Sheffield United v Bristol City Betting Preview
Venue: Bramall Lane
Channel: Sky Sports Football
Sky sports host a rather appealing looking championship tie on Friday night as Bristol City travel to Sheffield United. Both sides sit on 37 points in 4th and 3rd respectively, with Bristol City nudging ahead on goal difference. I’m expecting a draw here, with both teams high scoring but also letting in a few, and the fact that BTTS Over 2.5 goals has landed in 6 of both the sides’ last 8 makes good reading for some value in this game for a goal rush, at 21/20. The home side edge the head to head record, with recent games (majority in league one) favouring the team from Yorkshire.
Sheffield United seem to somewhat be over-achieving in the majority of football fans’ minds, sitting 4th in the Championship table nearly half way through the season is an incredibly achievement, a testament to manager Chris Wilder who has a phenomenal win percentage as Blades manager. Bristol City are another example of a side that hasn’t spent too much money but has a youthful squad that is working hard under manager Lee Johnson, and their 8 losses in a row at the end of last season seems a millions miles away.
Possible Sheffield United Starting XI: Blackman, Carter-Vickers, Stearman, O’Connell, Stevens, Basham, Lundstram, Fleck, Duffy, Brooks, Clarke
Possible Bristol City Starting XI: Fielding, Wright, Flint, Baker, Magnusson, Bryan, Smith, Paterson, Pack, Brownhill, Reid
Stats & Facts
- 6 games in United’s and last 8 have had BTTS Over 2.5 goals. Coincidentally, the same stat applies to the visitors. This looks a great bet at 21/20.
- Leon Clarke is the league’s top scorer with 13, with 57% of his 37 shots being on target.
Head To Head
- In the 26 matches played, United have won 15, Bristol 7 and there has been 4 draws.
- Sheffield United have won 8 of the last 11 between the sides.
- 6 of the last 8 games between the two sides have had over 2.5 goals.
- 5 of the last 6 have had over 0.5 first half goals.
- BTTS Over 2.5 goals – 21/20
- Draw BTTS – 3/1
- Blades 11/10 Draw 23/10 Bristol City 5/2