Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea Betting Preview | Saturday 17th February
In our Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats and facts, popular bets and more for Saturday’s lunchtime FA Cup fixture.
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea Betting Preview
Venue: Hillsborough Stadium
Watch: BT Sport 2
This weekend Sheffield Wednesday will be hosting Swansea City at Hillsborough in the fifth round of the FA Cup. The Owls currently sit 15th in the Championship and alongside Sheffield United, they are the only sides from this division who are still in the FA Cup. Sheffield Wednesday convincingly beat Reading 3-1 in the previous round which may provide Swansea with an interesting test.
Swansea on the other hand, well, they’ve certainly impressed in recent times. Since Carlos Carvalhal’s managerial takeover, Swansea have taken the Premier League by storm. The newly appointed manager has helped guide the Swans away from the relegation zone, defeating sides such as Arsenal and Liverpool in the process. In addition to this, Swansea City have demonstrated their goal scoring touch, putting eight goals past Notts County within the previous round. However, Carvalhal’s side have not won an away fixture since the tail end of December.
- Barry Bannan, Sam Hutchinson and Fernando Forestieri will not feature for Sheffield Wednesday due to long-term injuries.
- Key figures for Swansea City Renato Sanches and Wilfired Bony are unavailable due to injury.
Potential Sheffield Wednesday Starting XI: Wildsmith; Frederico Venancio, Loovens, Pudil; Hunt, Clare, Pelupessy, Reach, Boyd; Rhodes, Lucas Joāo
Potential Swansea Starting XI: Fabianski; Naughton, van der Hoorn, Fernandez, Mawson, Olsson; Dyer, Carroll, Ki, Clucas; Ayew
Stats & Facts
- In their last FA Cup encounter in 1962, Sheffield Wednesday won the fixture 1-0.
- Swansea have only won one of their last nine meetings with Sheffield Wednesday.
- Swansea have lost just one of their last eleven fixtures.
Sheffield Wednesday 23/10, Draw 11/5, Swansea 5/4
- Swansea to score and both to score – 4/1
- Double result – Draw/Swansea – 4/1