Sheffield Wednesday v Wolves Betting Preview | 15th December
In our Sheffield Wednesday v Wolves betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats and facts, popular bets and more for Friday evening’s Championship fixture.
Sheffield Wednesday v Wolves Betting Preview
Watch: Sky Sports Football
In this Friday night fixture, Wolves travel to Hillsbrough to take on Sheffield Wednesday. Sheffield, who sit 14th within the league, will find it incredibly tough for themselves to take away anything from this game, when taking into consideration their recent form and their opposition. The Owls are currently on an unwanted run as they haven’t won a game since their victory over Aston Villa at the beginning of November.
However, Wolves have been performing quite the opposite. Excluding their minor hiccup against Sunderland, the Wanderers are comfortably top of the Championship and are currently unbeaten seven games. In addition to this, Wolves have conceded just two goals in their last six games whilst converting 14 in the same amount of fixtures.
- Full- back Phil Ofosu-Ayeh of Wolves has been ruled out due to tendonitis, whilst much-loved goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme, has been ruled out indefinitely due to his battle with Leukemia.
- Sheffield Wednesday have a fully fit squad for this fixture.
Potential Sheffield Wednesday Starting XI: Westwood; Palmer, Loovens, van Aken, Nuhiu; Wallace, Lee, Bannan, Reach; Rhodes, Hooper
Potential Wolves Starting XI: Ruddy; Bennet, Coady, Boly, Doherty; Saiss, Neves, Douglas, Cavaleiro; Bonatini, Jota
Stats & Facts
- Wolves haven’t lost a game since mid-October.
- Sheffield Wednesday are without a win in five fixtures.
- Their last meeting ended in a goal-less draw.
Sheffield Wednesday 5/2, Draw 12/5, Wolves 11/10
- Double result – Draw/ Wolves 9/2
- Under 1.5 goals – 12/5