Southampton v Arsenal Betting Preview | 10th December
In our Southampton v Arsenal betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head to head, popular bets and more for the first of Sunday’s three Premier League fixtures.
Southampton v Arsenal Betting Preview
The Saints are marching in dangerous territory, just four points above the relegation zone while the Gunners are setting their sights on a top 4 spot, only possible with a victory.
Arsenal succumbed to a 3-1 defeat against top 4 rivals, Manchester United, in their latest premier league fixture, despite firing three times as many shots on target as their opposition (16). The gunners have infact scored 12 goals in their previous three matches in all competitions. Three is the magic number for the Gunners recently, recording three victories with three clean-sheets in the league prior to the united fixture, 5-0, 1-0 and 2-0 victories over Huuddersfield and Burnley and London rivals Tottenham respectively, suggest a stern test for Southampton’s strikers.
The saints’ latest result, a 1-1 draw with Bournemouth makes it just once in seven matches they have scored over 1 goal in a single fixture. Just two victories during that period suggest a lack of organisation in the defensive ranks.
Southampton are without defender Cedric Soares due to injury while forward Shane Long is doubtful with a calf strain.
Arsenal’s defender, Mustafi was injured in the Manchester United fixture but is the only unavailable player for the Gunners.
Potential Southampton starting XI: Forster, Bertrand, Hoedt, van Dijk, Pied, Davis, Romeu, Boufal, Tadic, Ward-Prowse, Austin
Potential Arsenal starting XI: Cech, Monreal, Koscielny, Holding, Bellerin, Ramsey, Xhaka, Kolasinac, Ozil, Sanchez, Lacazette
Stats & Facts
- Southampton’s four victories this season have all come when they have controlled possession.
- The Saints have failed to score in over a third of their league fixtures (6).
- have lost all 3 matches against top 6 opposition this season.
- Arsenal have the second highest clean-sheets in the premier league, behind only Manchester United.
- Arsenal are the 4th highest goal scorers in the premier league, Southampton are 14th. Seven games, one time.
Head to Head
- These two sides have met on 83 occasions.
- Arsenal have won 41 times to Southampton’s 20 victories.
Southampton – 29/10, Draw – 27/10, Arsenal – 1/1
- Arsenal -1 – 5/2
- Lacazette to score, Arsenal to win – 2/1