Southampton v Everton Betting Preview | 26th November
In our Saints v Everton betting preview we look at team news, potential line-ups, stats & facts, head-to-head, popular bets and more for Sunday afternoon’s Premier League tie.
Southampton v Everton Betting Preview
Venue: St Mary’s
Channel: Sky Sports Football
These two sides prepare for this encounter with below par form books in which they have both underperformed thus far. The Saints have the third worst scoring record in the division but their defensive duties have meant they have picked up points. Everton on the other hand have conceded double the amount of goals that they have scored (24 to 12) which sees them sit 16th in the table, without a permanent manager and a fan base that is losing its patience with the poor results and lack of passionate performances from the underperforming players. To make matters worse, the team from Merseyside have only won once in their last eight trips to Southampton. If it wasn’t for Southampton’s poor scoring form at the moment, over 1.5 Southampton would surely be the best bet for this match: Everton have conceded over 1.5 goals in their last 7 matches, a wretched run of defensive frailties which has seen them drop down the table and begin to be looking behind their shoulders rather than looking up the table.
This game doesn’t really have goals written all over it on paper, the St Mary’s crowd have witnessed a game with 2 goals or less in 5 of their last 6 games. If the home team were to get off to a good start, and get a goal in front, the visitors may struggle to get anything from the game. In fact, Everton have lost all of their league games this season when they have been losing at half-time. Picking a betting angle for this game is tricky, with stats favouring both teams in different markets. The majority of people will just stay away from punting on this match, but there are certainly a few bets that stand out for me (see popular bets section).
Niasse is banned for 2 games after diving vs Palace last week.
Potential Southampton Starting XI: Forster, Cedric, Van Dijk, Yoshida, Bertrand, Lemina, Davis, Boufal, Gabbiadini, Tadic, Austin
Potential Everton Starting XI: Pickford, Martina, Keane, Williams, Baines, Gueye, Schneiderlin, Calvert-Lewin, Davies, Sigurdsson, Rooney
Stats & Facts
- Under 2.5 goals in 5 of Southampton’s last 6 home games in all competitions.
- Southampton have scored only nine goals in the Premier League this term – their fewest after 12 games of a top-flight campaign since 1998/99.
- BTTS – No in 10 of Southampton’s last 14 premier league games.
- Everton haven’t won a premier league away game since January, a run of 14 games.
- Everton have only kept 2 clean sheets in their last 14 premier league away games, both of these finished 0-0.
- The Toffees have conceded 2 or more goals in their last 7 in all competitions, but Southampton have only scored 2 or more goals twice this season.
Head To Head
- Everton have won 50% of the 80 games (40), with Southampton winning 23, leaving 17 draws.
- Everton have only won 1 of their last 8 trips to Southampton (0-3 in August 2015).
- There have been over 0.5 first half goals in 8 of the last 11 games between the two sides.
- Southampton to score over 1.5 goals – 11/10
- BTTS Draw – 15/4
- Southampton-Draw HT/FT – 16/1
- Saints 17/20 Draw 5/2 Everton 16/5